Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-15-2002, 08:00 AM   #1
jackal2513
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ANyone know how these work ... do you have to actually initiate any of them or do they work "behind teh scenes"

seems to me that if the game never shows you their benefit in action then theres little point in them being there .. its the pay off thats important, ie knowing that they paid off after investing your precious skill points in them

any thoughts ?
jackal2513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 09:12 AM   #2
Magness
Quintesson

The talking skills work behind the scenes.

For example, there's one conversation that will occur about 80% into the game where if your character has a high enough Intimidate skill, you can ... well ... intimidate the character into doing what you want him to do.

I assume the same is true for bluff. I've just never taken the bluff skill for any character.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 12:23 PM   #3
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

They definitely do pay off - having them will open up new dialogue options (so will having stats over a certain level, I think to see them all you need Int 14+, Wis 14+, Cha 16+). Also when you choose those options when you're talking, you have to pass a DC to get a favorable reaction, and that is rolled against the skill level plus any bonuses. They can add up to more exp, more $$, and seeing more parts of the game.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:33 PM   #4
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

I heard it was 16 INT 14 WIS 16 CHA. I may be wrong though. I am actualy making a character JUST for this purpose. Aasimar Rogue... YES... AASIMAR ROGUE... I dont want to hear any negative comment from the RPr's. (He's the son of the God of Lock and Doors!)