Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 06-03-2001, 07:42 PM   #1
A.Coil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I keep noticing this, and I don't know what causes it.

All my IWD characters seem to have quite a fewer HP in HoW. Why? I lost a bunch of cool magic items and toys due to casualties at the end of IWD, but that doesn't really explain it, since most didn't affect constitution or HP.

REALLY curious why HP seem to be dropping, like I am cursed, but nothing tells me that. Thought it might be Barrow Wights, but nothing let me know, no notes saying "hey, no more for you.." That, and my HP lvl ups are 1-3 pts per, even if I reload... Which, I agree with Kopema, is nearly cheating...

Less HP than I remember, and laughable level-ups? Something gong on?

A.Coil
A.Coil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 08:26 PM   #2
Axterix
Manshoon

For levels after 9 (10 for mages, thieves?), you only get a set number of hp per level... 3 for fighter types, 2 for priestly and roguish types, 1 for mages.

That's just straight 2nd edition D&D rules. But it all works out okay, as what you tend to need more at those levels is saves... and those keep dropping nicely.

As for having lower hp, well, all I can guess is that you lost a few items that grant +hp... something like a black wolf talisman is 10 hp, quite a bit. If it isn't that, then it's probably a bug of some sort.
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 02:17 AM   #3
A.Coil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am going to lobby for the bug route, because my bard had well over 105 pre-HoW, and now is scrabbling by at 80 or so... She had the Wolf Talisman and the regenerating +10 HP armor, but those items were not lost and should still have been factored in... They moved with me and with her. Uncertain, but not overly thrilled about it.

As for the weak level-ups... well... weak. And unexpected. But that does explain why I am not getting better HP. So, thank you for that heads up.

A.Coil
A.Coil is offline   Reply With Quote