Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 10-12-2007, 01:03 AM   #11
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: EA buys Bioware

EA are somewhat similiar to sony, atari and such. Still, they're not the worst...the question is just how much freedom was worked into this deal.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:21 AM   #12
Legolas
Jack Burton

Limitless coffers will probably mean that we can all look forward to visually pleasing, 10-hour long RPGs from now on. If it turns out that's no success formula for the PC, they can always focus on consoles.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:51 AM   #13
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
Limitless coffers will probably mean that we can all look forward to visually pleasing, 10-hour long RPGs from now on. If it turns out that's no success formula for the PC, they can always focus on consoles.
Yup, that's what i'm thinking.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:33 AM   #14
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
Limitless coffers will probably mean that we can all look forward to visually pleasing, 10-hour long RPGs from now on...
So kinda like using a jet engine to light a gold plated cigarette?

Very pretty, expensive looking, shiny, but short lived and overall not that entertaining.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 10-12-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:59 AM   #15
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
EA are somewhat similiar to sony, atari and such. Still, they're not the worst...the question is just how much freedom was worked into this deal.
I'm thinking it'll be similar to when EA bought Maxis.. just slowly merge Maxis in with the mothership, until they effectively become synonymous.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #16
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: EA buys Bioware

Damn. Do you guys ever check the Game Forum?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #17
Thoran
Galvatron

Default Re: Bioware: It's over?

So I know there's a lot of EA haters out there... I tend to be one of them.

BUT... they do put out a number of good games. If you're into sports then their EASports line is pretty solid (I've always liked the Hockey game... owning various versions from the 90's up to 2k7 for the PS3).

We can HOPE that they let Bioware do their thing without too much interference.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:16 AM   #18
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Ironworks Forum Re: Bioware: It's over?

Ah Crap!!!! Giving some credit to EA there console games are usually not to bad, it is the PC Games they suck at, as they are always full of bugs and basically don't work so you have to go buy a console to play the console version.

Maybe the Bioware takeover will strengthen them in the areas they are weak at. Hopefully this is the case and not just a takeover to get rid of competition but because they think the takeover will add to the quality of the product and strenghten the areas they are weak. One can hope.

EDIT: I don't hate EA, I always wait for the reviews to come out before I even consider buying one of there games so I never had the bad experiance of purchasing crap from them and there is alot of it. Come to think of it the only company I would buy from before reading a review is Bioware.

Last edited by pritchke; 10-12-2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: EDIT
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #19
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Bioware: It's over?

True, EA is not so bad, but Bioware was far above them. Bioware didn't mind pushing a game back to make sure it was truly complete. They also to me seemed much more willing to take risks, be original, and focus on quality and originality. I'm wondering if being owned by EA will affect this.

Hopefully if EA has any sense they'll let Bioware keep working as they had and won't try to make a quick buck our of their intellectual properties and reputation.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #20
Lucern
Quintesson

Default Re: Bioware: It's over?

Maybe EA will treat Bioware like it treats Maxis. Slave drivers, yes, but, at their behest, Maxis is compelled to make a lot of what makes money: the Sims.

Maybe we'll get a lot of sweet sweet Bioware RPGs. Maybe RPGs don't sell enough, and we'll get nothing enjoyable.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote