Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 11-20-2004, 04:09 AM   #1
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

So I've downloaded GATEKEEPER but when I go to my game settings so that it can detect the location of the saved files
For eg the following
C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\save\000000001-Quick-Save\
I then go to FILE and OPEN SAVED GAME the dialogue box that opens up is blank???
So I can't edit my characters
Is there a particular file within the saved files of the saved games folder you have to click on?

And also I can't seem to find SWORD COAST KEEPER? Which one am I suppose to use I have the Original 3 CD-ROM BG1 and ToSC combined.

THANKS
Old 11-20-2004, 06:26 AM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

That is strange. A question...you weren't running that save on BG at the time, right?
Old 11-20-2004, 07:27 AM   #3
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

I have never used an editor, but it is possible that it will not edit *quicksaves*.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:17 AM   #4
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Oh yeh ElfBane. I had never noticed this was a quicksave. Good thinking!

Yeh that is your problem. Quicksave's can't be edited, so fire up your game and save your quicksave to a slot, then you will be sorted.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:37 AM   #5
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

It doesn't matter whether it was quicksave or any other saved game file it just won't detect! theres nothing shown in the open saved game where it says OK or REPAIR or CANCEL!
Old 11-21-2004, 10:53 AM   #6
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Ah, I see now. It's because you are opening up a bg2 save, and you need shadow keeper for that. I presume you are looking for a bg1 save, therefore you are looking in the wrong folder. Check your bg1 folder, and make sure it isn't a quick save...that should work.