Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 07-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #11
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Default Re: Dragon Age 2 (Rant included, PG)

A major point is the plotline for me. I get bored with "Do the same thing 3 different ways, then save the day." I guess I'm beyond that point of it being interesting now?
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Like, you,Mems, I loved the pc DAOrigins! Am playing through for the second time with a different start character, even.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:02 AM   #13
SecretMaster
Apophis

Figured I'll throw my two cents in as well since I'm going through my second run of DA:O (never finished the first time).

Dragon Age: Origins feels much more like NWN than BG IMO. The only resemblance to BG that I see in DA:O is the very great dialogue system (with NPC's and people). Other than that, the formula seems very similiar to NWN. It's not what I was expecting, and I do find DA:O to be mediocre at best.

That being said, I also looked at what the second game is supposed to be like, and I dont' think I will even consider purchasing it. It looks horrid.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:07 AM   #14
Froberg
The Magister

Baldurs Gate, particularly #2, rules all. Period.

What I want to see is a total-conversion project where all content from BG2 is ported in to the Dragon Age engine.
THAT, would be something to see!

For my money, I loved DA, and bought all content and expansions for it.

I also loved Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 more so. Mass Effect 2 got rid of a lot of annoyances that were present in ME1. The only lack was not enough side-quests and that you weren't able to wander about in as-large areas.

The graphical quality is excellent, however, I wonder why DA did not get the same graphics quality. It seems out-dated out of the box, only graphical improvement mods were able to fix this to some degree.

NWN I never cared for it all.. too much;
"You start here. Go to all four possible directions, and kill everything. Return and port to a new area and repeat."

As for KOTOR, I enjoyed that quite a bit, despite being horribly disappointed by the SW franchise lately. KOTOR2 was rushed and incomplete, and just not acceptable.
MMO's don't appeal to me at all, so I won't be playing the new one.

I have just preordered DA2 as well as The Witcher 2.
I think I will enjoy TW2 more.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #15
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Dragon Age 2 (Rant included, PG)

So. Dragon Age 2 come out tonight at Midnight. I have it pre-loaded but I probably won't get any time to play it before a couple of days.

You guys tried the demo? I found it to be more of a tech demo than an actual game demo. They just teleported you to three fights to make you try the new combat system and the interface. But still. The story I could glean through it seemed interesting.

Anyone else bought the game or is planing to buy it soon? I'll let you guys know what I think of it. But it might take a while.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #16
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion

I pre-ordered it, so it should arrive soon. However, I'm going away for 2 weeks this weekend then when I come back my new kitten will be ready to live with me so dunno when I'll get to start playing it. Looking forward to it though! Loved Origins so hard. Didn't play the demo, they never do the whole game justice.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:58 AM   #17
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion

I tried the demo, but from the responses my thread on it got - didn't think anyone else had.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #18
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I had a javascript project to do last night so when the game went live at 3 am I gave it a try.

The info that get carried over from DA1 to DA2 seem really minor. It's more like cameos than anything else in my opinion. But we'll see I guess.

I had played the demo twice as a mage. I tried a warrior last night for retail and I found the game to be really fast paced. It's the fastest game I've played I think. The combat animations are really fast, minion enemies die really quickly and explode into a shower of body parts etc. It does feel like an arcade game at times. I think playing mage is the closest you get to DA1 because you are in control of the pace and your character isn't running all over the place. But after an hour I got used to the pace and I didn't notice it anymore. It's not that the game is easy. It's just that you have to get used to fighting waves of enemies.

But that said. I found the mood of the game to be pretty interesting once you get out of the prologue. So far I think the game is going to be interesting.

By the way. If you got the black emporium with your game you have to download it manually. No DLC appear in the game menu yet.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #19
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I have played maybe 5-6 hours so far and I think I like this one more than Dragon Age 1.

The level design and the mood is way better, the fights are fast and more varied. The characters have a strong personality and are interesting. It's really great so far.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #20
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Of course, I gather everyone noted the return of our very own Cap'n Janeway. She sounds much better in this. Not that she sounded bad before, but the character has changed.