Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-25-2004, 03:09 PM   #31
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I don't feel sorry for the girl at all, I can't even remotely see where sympathy comes into it - she declined his proposal in public. She'll probably get a laugh out of it, telling her mates all about it. Yeah okay, it was on tv and in front of some people, but hey, who cares really? I'd show my bare ass to all those people and still laugh about it. The guy on the other hand has a broken heart, and there's nothing worse than unreciprocated love. I mean yeah, I think he knows he didn't have much of a chance to begin with and so tried the added pressure of proposing in public, but I do still feel bad for the dude.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:50 PM   #32
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ouch! But I have to agree with Aelia and Epona that it's really his own fault if he feels stupid- he DID put her under much pressure and had every right to refuse.

No romance in that setup! Yikes! I know sometimes people do that sort of thing..a grand gesture and all, but it's a lot more romantic if done with fewer people as an audience!

LadyZ, it wasn't on the news or anything in your area? Wow, I'd have thought maybe the local channels would have jumped on a story like that one!

PS: Arledrian, she had no idea what was happening. From the sound of things, I'm guessing if she HAD known, she'd never have gone anywhere NEAR the guy that day. I'm guessing he really didn't think she'd say yes without pressure so he used the tv and fans as his pressure...she just didn't buckle under it the way he planned.

[ 02-25-2004, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 02-25-2004, 04:34 PM   #33
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I do understand her embarrassment/bewilderment to some degree, but I just think it pales in comparison to what he probably felt afterwards [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2004, 06:01 PM   #34
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Light Bulb

Whoa!! I dont think that proposal was legitimate. Something just seemed wrong in the guy's expression, but i don't know what. She seemed to be mortified. Funny, but totally wrong, in another way. (shakes head)