Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-04-2002, 10:54 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

[img]graemlins/balloons.gif[/img] Sometime in the next week or so, I'm celebrating my

One Year Anniversary with Ironworks.

I know it was mid to late January when I made my very first post on the old blue board.

My first post was to a thread on the BG2 board discussing the options for female romances in that game. Ladyzekke was the first member of IW to directly address me and after that we had a great discussion all around. We laughed and joked and I felt like I was part of a wonderful online family. It was a very nice feeling . I'd lurked a little while before jumping in and I'm ever so glad I did take that plunge and make my first post.

Memnoch, Armisael (who's since gone off to enjoy wedded bliss [img]smile.gif[/img] ), Charlie, Turbovee (now off doing his duty to his country- a navy man), Black Knight, Melusine, Moiraine and Ziroc, himself all made me feel right at home! Many more joined in as time went on.

Not long after I got here, LadyZekke, Armie, Memsy,Black Knight and I were trading quips and 'insults' and bawdy innuendo with a style and pizzaz like I'd not seen in years. Soon we had the whole board watching the first ever Ironworks romance rpg and had one heck of a rollicking good time doing it! LadyZ became my 'sister' in our saga and Stormy was grateful to each and every person who crossed her path in threads on Ironworks.... all the new ideas, the game help and the cameraderie were refreshing and often heartwarming.

I became the Storm Queen, a nickname that had been born when Memnoch the Genie (not mod in those days!) offered the name as fitting one for my storming in on the place! [img]tongue.gif[/img] It stuck.. LOL.. and suddenly I was collecting new nicks like most people collect stamps or trading cards! Memsy became the "Namer o' the Queen" who wrote some darned fine poetry.. hehe.. but I can't find a trace of it since the board had some collapses in those days. That was the 'beginning' for me and the rest is, as they say, history. The Sci Fi debates with Ramon, Choc loving fests with Z, SpamQueen status, StormQueen battles with Hell-Fire and company, dancing naked in fountains for Donut of the indeterminate age and gender , becoming the Official Welcome Wagon (you're the best, Z!), TEEHEE's for Javi, and all the sweet mails and posts when sad things happened, the party threads for celebrating the good things in our lives..... these are all memories I'll cherish for a long time to come.

Ironworks has come a long way since those days and I'm pleased to be with her today. We still support one another, and I still see the happy posts, the sad posts the Cheer up and be glad posts... err.. sounding like Dr. Seuss, I am.... LOL..

Ahhh but I am waxing nostalgic on you, teehee... I just realized it's been a whole year and thought "WOW'!!!!

Thank you all for making it one heck of a good year and I hope to be here for many more.

Cloudbringer
Old 01-04-2002, 11:03 PM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

HAPPY ANIVERSARY, CLOUDBRINGER!!

[img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/drinkup.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2002, 11:05 PM   #3
DiabloRex
Elminster

and we are glad to have you here Cloudbringer

happy anniversery [img]smile.gif[/img]

on the same topic, in february I can celebrate my two year annivesery on another forum with.....12 posts or so (even signed up before some of the mods and admins of the place lol)
Old 01-04-2002, 11:10 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

You probably don't even remember it, but my first post to you that I remember was in reference to your first Signature pic. The little white cloud with the lightning bolt. I remember liking that alot, then I cannot remember who found me one shortly thereafter...
But anyway...As long as you remember that I was there at your birth as well, though I was a bit more shy than I am today,...in posting.
Old 01-04-2002, 11:14 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sookma, Diablo Rex.. thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Larry! I do remember that! [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img] Thanks for reminding me! LOL.. you got lightning.. hehe.. I remember we had a great time in Hellfire's threads too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy
Old 01-04-2002, 11:17 PM   #6
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Hey Cloudy!
Happy 1st Birthday [img]graemlins/babygoo.gif[/img] , and may there be many, many more!
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2002, 11:17 PM   #7
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

You came into Wizards and Warriors early last year and posted a welcome to all that really touched me cloudy [img]smile.gif[/img] You are true blue! Good stuff, and I would be honored someday if you would Knight me in the court of the Queen.. [img]smile.gif[/img] Yes a barbarion knight! Thanks for all your time and patience with all of us here.... including myself
Old 01-04-2002, 11:21 PM   #8
Sorcerer Alex

Congratulations on your anniversary here at Ironworks, Cloudsparkle. It is unfortunate that I've only been around for five months, yet I look back on them with pleasure, it has been wonderful reading your posts and discovering what a gem you are to the community we have here. Here's to many more years!
[img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2002, 11:24 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Leonis! I remember when we first met you here at IW! Lordy.. I saw Yorick's insult thread and truly thought the dear had lost his sanity! You were dishing out as good as he and soon I figured out it was in fun! duh.. slowCloud! [img]smile.gif[/img] You and Yorick are bright spots for me here!

Conan.. aww... *melty clouds* how sweet! I remember that thread! I really wanted to meet more of the members of Ironworks and to share our great general discussions with you! You were one of the first to respond. [img]smile.gif[/img] BEFORE THIS ASSEMBLED CROWD, I DO HEREBY NAME THEE, CONAN, BARBARIAN KNIGHT OF THE STORM QUEEN'S COURT! Welcome to the court, Conan! LOL.. not much here but there's a bowl of oreo ice cream and some chips on the table! Memsy's got the beer, so poke at him with a lance or something if you want some! HAHAHA! *blushes furiously at the freudian undertones she just noticed* oopsie..er cudgel him with a club or somesuch! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Cloudy, aka Storm Queen of Ironworks
Old 01-04-2002, 11:31 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Awww, feeling nostalgic Sis LOL? [img]smile.gif[/img] My anniversary myself was Nov 28th, and I clearly remember when you came aboard a month or so later. I was posting BGII questions, and answering some that I knew, and also playing around and joking on some threads on the blue board. Only a few took part in my little "role playing" humorous activities, and then you came in and contributed one night. I encouraged you, as I felt at the time, LOL, (don't laugh!) that you were shy cause you didn't know us yet! I loved your style and your wit, and you were so incredibly friendly, we passed posts back and forth and had a really fun time, I will NEVER forget the laughs and good times we had back then! Funny how the brain remembers things, I can actually in my mind go back to those times, sitting in the old house in my old computer room, can almost see the blue board glowing in my face, laughing and reading and posting and REFRESHING (the button of all buttons!) [img]smile.gif[/img]

I remember we all made a thread (probably the FIRST IWs Age thread) about how old we all were. You were reluctant LOL, but with me being so pushy, and also I think since you saw I was no young chicky myself LOL, you finally answered. After that LOL for fun I pronounced myself your sister, your OLDER sister LOL. That status remains to this day. I still miss our stories that we all created together, you in your tower, the Arora Sister Castle, three-headed hippos, etc. LOL. I wish those role playing stories hadn't ended!

Anyways, enough blathering now LOL. Happy IWs Anniversary CloudySis, cheers to all the past year's memories, and cheers to yet another year on our beloved Ironworks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps