Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-08-2002, 04:23 PM   #11
Jorath Calar
Harper

Money doesn't buy you happyness, but it makes it much easier to live in misery... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyone see the interview with Jennifer Aniston were she said she was so bummed out because she got a haircut and didn't like how it turned out... gasp...!
Old 05-08-2002, 04:56 PM   #12
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:

Anyone see the interview with Jennifer Aniston were she said she was so bummed out because she got a haircut and didn't like how it turned out... gasp...!
Why shouldn't she be allowed to be upset if a haircut doesn't go to plan? I know I've been unhappy with haircuts on occasion - does her having a lot of money mean she's not allowed to get upset about anything? I read articles about that - it's not like she said it was the end of the world, she just didn't like her hair .
Old 05-08-2002, 05:15 PM   #13
Dramnek_Ulk

[quote]Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Quote:
Why shouldn't she be allowed to be upset if a haircut doesn't go to plan? I know I've been unhappy with haircuts on occasion - does her having a lot of money mean she's not allowed to get upset about anything? I read articles about that - it's not like she said it was the end of the world, she just didn't like her hair .
But why should we have to listen to her bitch about her haircut,
What makes her so good that we should be forced to hear what she thinks about a bit of follicular housekeeping?
She will have no effect on the lives of millions, she merely provides McEntertainment.

Old 05-08-2002, 05:37 PM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 05-08-2002, 05:39 PM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Quote:
But why should we have to listen to her bitch about her haircut,
What makes her so good that we should be forced to hear what she thinks about a bit of follicular housekeeping?
She will have no effect on the lives of millions, she merely provides McEntertainment.
No-one makes you do anything. Don't buy the magazine or watch the relevent shows. I haven't heard about the haircut.

It's called consumer choice. If people want to know, let them. Doesn't mean you have to.

Old 05-08-2002, 05:41 PM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Besides, what's wrong with McEntertainment. Isn't making people happy just as valid as making them sad, think deeply or be scared. It's part of life.

"Art, in all it's forms may not be necessary for survival but makes survival necessary."

Old 05-08-2002, 07:46 PM   #17
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I agree that it's all part of the package of being a star - all the perks as well as interference from the media. But I'm sure that all stars do need some attention once in a while, if only to remind the world that they're still existent and to up their bargaining power in signing contracts.
Old 05-08-2002, 07:56 PM   #18
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hey they made it big time so what? I congratulate them! Well the ones who handle the fame with some sort of class. The arrogant assholes who shove it in your face can get screwed. I've heard the Spiderman guy (forget his no-name) is an ass. But I've heard some big stars like Bruce Willis are decent. Problem is if any star has a "bad day" and we all have them, they get caught by camaras, etc and well then the media has a field day.
Old 05-08-2002, 09:28 PM   #19
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Aww... he looks like a good guy though...

BUt then that is the answer: LOOKS

I mean celebs yes, earn millions, but most of us just know them and react to them based on their movies and roles... nobody really gives a damn about who they are... just who they are portraying...
Old 05-09-2002, 01:21 PM   #20
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Besides, what's wrong with McEntertainment. Isn't making people happy just as valid as making them sad, think deeply or be scared. It's part of life.

"Art, in all it's forms may not be necessary for survival but makes survival necessary."
So-called Celebrities do few things to be deserving of what they get. They make soulless production line McEntertainment that is nothing more than empty filler and that quashes our creativeness and turns us into people who would rather watch the same empty trash T.V over and over, rather than read, which is still the only serious medium to impart the complex and profound ideas that are so important to understand in becoming a better educated person.
Art is supposed to be creative and make us think or at least debate “What is art”; the McEntertainment produced by the vast amount of so-called celebrities amounts to nothing more than prostitution of the soul, for rewards that bear no relation to the factors of production.
McEntertainment does not ultimately make people happy. It closes their horizons and limits their development as a full being; instead of reading or debating or creative work they go and watch trash telly. There are some programs, which at least attempt to educate, but the visual nature of the medium in question means that it is unable to come up with the required depth and time possible to explain complex and profound ideas thus ensuring that the vast majority of output is sub-standard jerry Springer rubbish that contributes nothing and merely serves to help us piss our lives away.