Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2004, 08:58 PM   #1
Derfel Cadarn
Dungeon Master

SPOILAAAA
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
Okay, well all of you guys know that kid Delon, he is the lil' one that points out Umar Hills in the map. Well, just fine, I have completed all of Umar hills quests, including the ones I'm bound to for being their Ranger. So after a few quests I get to the graveyard and there is that boy Delon and he talks to me as if it's the first time ever, so he tells me to go check out Imnesvale, and talk with Min. Lloyd, I do so, and he just thanks me for saving his village, but whenever I talk to Delon it's the same story, and my journal says in the quests as if I had never been there!! It pisses the hell outta me, i want all my done quests to stay DONE hehe.
Something else, what about those boys thats ask you to buy some beer and swords, well I bought'em, but been a loooong time and so far nothing happened, the quest is still open as if I should worry 'bout completing... well, perhaps that's the point with buying ale and swords to young lads.. to make you worried 'bout them.. hm. well, any thoughts bout any of these matters would be most apreciated, g'bye.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:15 PM   #2
Imrahil
Elminster

It sounds like you have a bug with the 2nd Delon & quests not being completed - standard questions: are you patched? do you have MOD's installed? 'Cause that's not normal.

As for the kids (Idle Hands) quest... *you don't want to complete that one!!!* Given that you're a Ranger, don't do what I'm about to tell you or you'll Fall, losing your Ranger class (I'm actually surprised you didn't Fall already) with no chance to regain it since you've already done Umar...

obligatory
spoiler
space
regarding
those
kids
in
Umar
Hills

Anyway, if you give the kids Ale & Bastard Swords, then complete the Umar Hills quests, then return to the cave where you get the Mimic Blood, you'll find the kids, scared out of their wits 'cause they're facing a "dragon" (actually a gibberling). If you slay the mighty gibberling, the Idle Hands in Umar quest will be "completed", but if you're a Ranger, you should Fall for giving them Ale & Swords in the first place.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:48 PM   #3
Derfel Cadarn
Dungeon Master

Yup I´m patched and got no mods runnin loose. Except for Soulafein's mod that I think I have installed, not sure tho. I just don't know whats up with that brat Delon.
And about the kids I will probably check out that cave sometime hehe. thx a bunch fer the help.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:45 AM   #4
IronDragon
Elminster

spoiler ahead
well sort of
Quote:
Originally posted by Imrahil:

Anyway, if you give the kids Ale & Bastard Swords, then complete the Umar Hills quests, then return to the cave where you get the Mimic Blood, you'll find the kids, scared out of their wits 'cause they're facing a "dragon" (actually a gibberling). If you slay the mighty gibberling, the Idle Hands in Umar quest will be "completed", but if you're a Ranger, you should Fall for giving them Ale & Swords in the first place.

- Imrahil [/QB]
Interesting…my kids have allows faced an umber hulk
Old 08-18-2004, 06:17 AM   #5
Elwin Shian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Light Bulb

I just complete the game playing a neutral good Ranger and i gave the kids the alcohol (reminded me of my youth and i took pity!)but no swords (bad, bad, bad). I found them a little worse for wear in the cave next time i got called to Innesville. I didn't get any bad consequences from it though............and i don't remeber there being any monsters second time in there?
Elwin Shian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 07:22 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

What monster the kids face, depends on what you bought them.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:55 AM   #7
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

SPOILERS
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
There are always 2 (i think) umberhulks in that cave, and i think they're still there when the kids are if you havent killed them before. However, i havent done that quest for a LOOOOOOONG time and may be wrong.
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:42 PM   #8
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I have always found the journal a little buggy. Sometimes you go through the game and you have a blank outstanding quest page than other times you still do all the quest but don't go through the game completely the same and there is still text on the outstanding quest page. I just ignore it as it as already been done even though I prefer to clean the slate.

[ 08-18-2004, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 06:00 PM   #9
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

Have you gone back to talk to the mayor's wife? She will give you some "feedback" about your decision to give the boys the booze and bastard swords. Maybe that will "complete" the journal entry?
Old 08-18-2004, 08:32 PM   #10
JayS
Dungeon Master

Well, I learned from the GBPITBSOATQ4 that:

"If you have erroneous or unneccesary quest entries cluttering up your Journal (such as Delon telling you about the Umar Hills quests in Chapter 6, when you already completed them in Chapter 2), you can edit or delete them simply by double-clicking on them."

You could do that to remove your journal entry.
JayS is offline   Reply With Quote