Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2002, 06:18 AM   #1
Manwe
Manshoon

I'm planning going solo with a Paladin (or some else class)... but im not sure which type. Can anyone help me choose? What is a good class to go solo with? Thanks in advance! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also i need help from those who have done it before, got any tips for me?
Manwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 07:43 AM   #2
F. Gottwald
Manshoon

all of the kits are fairly good and have useful immunities that will be very valuable in a solo game.
however, paladin is one of the harder classes to solo with as they cannot compete with spellcasters in terms of sheer power at any given moment and can´t use stealth to pick their own battles.
imo the easiest class to solo with is the sorcerer, but bounty hunter/mage, kensai/mage and ranger/clerics are also very strong contenders.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:47 AM   #3
Manwe
Manshoon

I dont really like multi/dual classed characters, and i've just played trough BG2 & ToB with a sorcerer, so i would like to play some sort of fighter... are Swashbucklers (did i spell it right?) good as solo characters? And i would like to wield Carsomyr.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Manwe ]

Manwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 07:48 AM   #4
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Soloing a cavalier is very entertaining, and pretty easy..
They get immune to practically everything, and are very powerful.
If you would like more challenge than that, go for Undead Hunter
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 09:14 AM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

There are many good classes to solo with, so its hard to choose one spesific. But if you want a paladin, I suggest the Cavalier. He is practicly immune to everything, like poison etc. And he deals much damage on dragonic and demonic baddies.
AN ABILITY SPOILER AHEAD
But just remember, that in ToB, bards and thieves can learn an ability so that they can wield every item, along with the Carsomyr.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 01:04 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Soloing a Cavalier is certainly doable, but not for the faint of hearted and impatient.

I soloed a Cavalier on Core difficulty( Insane for the last 2 ToB bosses) and I consider it my proudest achievement to date.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 11:01 PM   #7
BlackJack21
The Magister

Dundee, I am soloing as a cavalier and i am wondering at what level you took on firkraag. I am currently at about lvl. 12
BlackJack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 04:40 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack21:
Dundee, I am soloing as a cavalier and i am wondering at what level you took on firkraag. I am currently at about lvl. 12

Around level 20, I polished him off in 3-4 rounds with Greater Whirlwinds.

You know what I find silly? Firkragg likes to casts Dispel Magic, but it affects him as well, and removes his Stoneskin... ...
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 05:33 AM   #9
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

Yeah, the Cavalier is the best overall, but you could also choose the cleric because they aren't bad fighter and are good spellcasters and the Archer is good too.
Old 01-25-2002, 06:07 AM   #10
ChoCoMoBo
Dungeon Master

So far i would have to say that a cavalier is the best to solo with (need a good shield tho), So far i have a lvl 31 cavalier in the underdark and i havent even started Watchers Keep from ToB yet [img]smile.gif[/img]

btw, does anyone solo with a shapeshifter druid? Is this a good class?
ChoCoMoBo is offline   Reply With Quote