Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2001, 09:19 PM   #11
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Here's a partial list of good long, short and cross bows in the game.

Elevn court (LB)
Tuigan Bow +1 (?) (SB)
Lt Xbow of speed (+1)
Gesen bow (SB - needs to be assembled)
Tansherons (sp?) bow (SB - needs no ammo)

There are also many +1 and +2 bows of all sorts.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-17-2001, 10:01 PM   #12
Gustave
The Magister

No offense to you Cavernsniffer, but you saw the TOB in the main post. Instead of sitting here yelling at these guys, you should have just ignored it. Granted, this post should have been posted in the TOB forum.
Old 07-18-2001, 01:38 AM   #13
THE MASEMASTER
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER ? go see ribald in the adventurer's mart and buy the long bow of Marksmanship for a starter,if you have $9,000.00 to spend.Its speed factor is 5
THACO is +3 and it only weighs 2 Lbs. Get some arrows of Ice ,arrows of Biting,
and when you can find them , arrows of dispelling & arrows of fire.You'll find the last two on enemies and in some other stores. I like to use the arrows of
dispelling on wizards and liches and dragons. It slows most of their magic down
enough so your magic users can do them damage while your fighters rush in and hack them up.
As far as crossbows I've only used the the Heavy Crossbow +2. Again this can be found in the adventurer's mart from Ribalb for around $7'500.00. also bolts+2
and bolt of biting work pretty good on most everything.
I went upstairs to my gaming computer and looked up the stats on my X-bow +2
THACO +2, missile damage +4 ,speed is 8, & the weight is 11.
Hope this helps a little !
Old 07-18-2001, 01:40 AM   #14
THE MASEMASTER
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER ? go see ribald in the adventurer's mart and buy the long bow of Marksmanship for a starter,if you have $9,000.00 to spend.Its speed factor is 5
THACO is +3 and it only weighs 2 Lbs. Get some arrows of Ice ,arrows of Biting,
and when you can find them , arrows of dispelling & arrows of fire.You'll find the last two on enemies and in some other stores. I like to use the arrows of
dispelling on wizards and liches and dragons. It slows most of their magic down
enough so your magic users can do them damage while your fighters rush in and hack them up.
As far as crossbows I've only used the the Heavy Crossbow +2. Again this can be found in the adventurer's mart from Ribalb for around $7'500.00. also bolts+2
and bolt of biting work pretty good on most everything.
I went upstairs to my gaming computer and looked up the stats on my X-bow +2
THACO +2, missile damage +4 ,speed is 8, & the weight is 11.
Hope this helps a little !
Old 07-18-2001, 01:59 AM   #15
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

i am a devout believer in quantity over quality regarding missile weapons. i think a +1 bow that gives an extra attack is superior to one with merely a THAC0 bonus. for this reason i recommend the light xbow of speed (coronet), the tuigen short bow (slaver quest), and the elven court bow (d'arnise keep quest). later in the game, heartseeker (windspear hills, adv mart after chap 5) is a devastating bow both because of its +4 bonus and its ability to jack that up to +7 (i think) temporarily. the sling of everard [sp] (coronet bonus merchant) is +5 and needs no ammo. the sling of seeking allows the user's STR dmg bonus (coronet) which is great for beefy fighter/clerics.

keep in mind that most of the stronger weapons have high STR requirements.

[This message has been edited by Amergin (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 03:46 AM   #16
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Gustave:
No offense to you Cavernsniffer, but you saw the TOB in the main post. Instead of sitting here yelling at these guys, you should have just ignored it. Granted, this post should have been posted in the TOB forum.
No offense to you Gustave but what on Earth are you talking about and what has your post added to the thread?????????
Old 07-18-2001, 03:57 AM   #17
Northraven
Manshoon

My personal favorite is Tansheron's bow. You can get it fairly early, it has no ammo requirements unless you want to fire special arrows and it's "stock" unlimited arrows are at +3. I believe it also has a fairly low speed factor, although this is less important with missle weapons. Granted it's a short bow but then again my current game is with a Thief PC.

------------------
Quote:
I am death come for thee. Surrender and thy passage shall be...swifter
Quote:
Kneel before the cow god!
Old 07-18-2001, 04:00 AM   #18
Northraven
Manshoon

OOOPPPPS! Signature wierdness, I am new to this and all. Now if I can just get that damn graphic in there...