Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-26-2004, 12:00 PM   #1
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

I just ran into a broken mousey turning my single clicks into double clicks, or even hold clicks into double clicks..

So I'm stuck switching my mouse to left handed and using keyboard shortcuts for right click functions till I get my replacment mouse..

Just wondering if anyone else has ever felt pure hatred for any one part of their computer for failing at just the wrong moment?
Old 12-26-2004, 12:06 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

I probably wouldnt use the world hate, I'd just launch the mouse, make sure it ended up in pieces, and wait fora new one!
Old 12-26-2004, 12:44 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
A mouse is the least of my problems, i always have a few extra laying around. But if the mainboard dies, the repairdude thinks it's the harddrive that died, and it takes them three months to make things work again in their repairshop, then yeah...i get pretty pissed off.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:12 PM   #4
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

What?!

You mean to say you don't carry out basic repairs yourself?

Anyway, I've got a spare motherboard, I don't have a spare mouse..

Only thing's I don't have spare are a PSU, Case*, mouse, keyboard, monitor and HDD..

It's always what you don't have that will break, and it'll always look like somthing else to the people trying to repair it..

All you have to do to carry out repairs on your computer while not breaching the warrenty is to call the company who sold it you up and ask to, some will let you some will say get pro's to do it..

A good PC repair shop will take your computer appart and test the HDD, CPU ect before starting on the other parts..

Though indicants of a fryed MB can be hard to tell appart from that of a fryed HDD, though plugging in a new HDD would reveal that it was not the problem..

*But you can make a computer go without a case
Old 12-26-2004, 10:32 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

What a coincidence! One of my computey keyboard just died yesterday.I was playing MM7 and suddenly each of the buttons is not working anymore. No biggie though, I'll probably buy a new one tommorrow.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:00 PM   #6
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Not so much of a co-winky-dink for me, I've been moaning about the breakdown on more than one forum so was bound to run into somone with a simmilar problem on one of them..

You just happened to be the first.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:20 PM   #7
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
I feel for ya. yesterday I got my laptop back and its running again (yay!)

the thread title was "why I hate my computer at the moment", and I already knew the answer before I read it. Becuz its supposed to work (such and such a way) and it don't. Just great when a device built for following logic has no logic of its own, or worse has some idiots logic (Windows anyone???)

SilentThief