Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-19-2001, 09:48 PM   #1
Tokain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've read nearly everything there is to read about the romances but I'm having a bit of a problem. I'm trying to talk to Viconia with my Chaotic Neutral human Berzerker/Theif, and I've enabled cheating to check out her "LoveTalk" and "ViconiaRomance" Her LoveTalk is 1 as I suspected, but for ViconiaRomance it had some gigantic number like 28785 or something. So I used the cheat to change that to 1 so she would talk to me and waited a few minutes in the docks of athkatla. Still no lovin'. I checked ViconiaRomance and it was still 1. So I messed around changing it to diffirent numbers and waiting and it never changed. ViconiaRomance is the "timer" that determines when she'll talk to me, right?
Old 11-20-2001, 03:33 AM   #2
Tokain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just remembered, ViconiaMatch is 1 as well. What's the deal? Is it a bug; or something that got screwed up when I installed TOB? Also I'm playing it in multiplayer. You can have romances in multiplayer, right?
Old 11-20-2001, 04:39 AM   #3
Zbyszek

ViconiaMatch = 1 means that you are able to romance (you are not stinking half-ogre [img]smile.gif[/img] )
LoveTalk is like counter counting number of talks
ViconiaRomance is like timer in game time (i think that it is timer of last/previous talk, not future/next).
Lovetalk 1 and that timer you had means (I think) that at time 287.. you have talked to her last time - probably saved her from death (so LoveTalk is 1)
It seems to me that your romance should progress.

Zbyszek
Old 11-20-2001, 04:51 PM   #4
Tokain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there anyway I can speed up the relationship? Because i'm ready to go to spellhold now and I can't have a relationship in the underdark, can I?
Old 11-20-2001, 05:20 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Tokain:
Is there anyway I can speed up the relationship? Because i'm ready to go to spellhold now and I can't have a relationship in the underdark, can I?

Yes you can. The dialogues do continue in the underdark. Just not enocunters with people (I don't think). But you don't really have to worry about that with Viconia.