Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

WOW! Was watching the news, when all of the sudden I hear multiple vehicles, and hard braking sounds coming from the front of the property, and within seconds the monitors came to life, and all of my security lights came on. Sending the spousal unit to secure the daughter element and move to the basement, I grabbed the scatter gun and went to the control room. To my surprise there are three State Police cruisers and two County Sheriff cruisers at the front of my property, headed up the drive.

Well, what has brought this on? I stood down the scatter gun, and waited just inside for their dismounted approach. Allowing them onto the porch and accessing the door bell as not to startle them.

After greeting them at the door, they were not in search of any drug dealer, crack house operation, or escaped convict, they informed me that a 911 call had been placed from my home phone without a response. I had no idea what brought this to be, so invited them in, offered them some coffee and fresh baked apple pie after retrieving the spousal unit and daughter element from the strong hold. Well, come to find out two important facts here. One is, since I am a registered weapons instructor, and a legal CCW carrier/instructor they would always respond to my place in force, and un-announced. I did not know this! And second, the daughter element had inadvertently pre-programmed the phone to a 'rocket dial setting' for 911 after watching some show about doing this, and actually bumped the rocket 911 #, thus placing the call to the center, then being unsure what to do, hung up. Well, she learned a few lessons as well yesterday evening.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:14 PM   #2
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I think that qualifies as fun for the whole family. I'm glad everything worked out.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

will she be footing the bill? or do you not have to pay for accidental call's over there?

good to here it wasn't anything serious!
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I guess that gave the neighbors something to talk about...

Interesting to know that about their response practices. I wonder if that's national, state, or local?

In any case, it makes me think it's time for a talk with the kids about 911, when to call it, and what to do if you call it accidentally....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:33 PM   #5
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
hehe, my brother did that when we were kids... they rang back asking if we needed Fire, Police or Ambulance and me (aged about 6) said "umm, im not sure, ill just get mum..."

can you believe I got the blame???