Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-13-2001, 03:15 AM   #1
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HMMM Is it just me or is everyone experiencing the same problem.
Keldorn and Minsc will attack each other for no reasons during battles.
Old 05-13-2001, 03:30 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

Mmmmm. Keldorn & Minsc shouldn't attack each other since they are both good aligned characters. It is possible that one of them is under the influence of the Charm, Dire Charm or Domination spell (placing them under the control of an enemy spellcaster) or a confusion spell which causes them to do random things which includes attacking their allies.

The best way to find out which is the case is to look at the portraits on the right of the screen next time this happens - they will have little symbols on the portraits. To find out what the symbols mean, either refer to the 'quick-reference' card which came with the game, or look at the Character record screen which will tell you if your characters are under the influence of any spells whether good or bad.

There are several ways to protect against mind control spells - some items have 'mind shield' (such as the Helmet of Charm Protection) and the spell Chaotic commands protects against confusion. If you have none of these, when it happens get your character with highest AC and HP to stand next to the affected character and take all the damage, or move the rest of the party out of the affected character's field of vision until the spell wears off.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-13-2001, 03:37 AM   #3
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am very sure they were not under any confusion or mind control because both of them has MIND Shield while Keldorn has Free Action(what does it mean)

this happens occasionally but my Minsc nearly die becaus they were still hacking at each other when i had a scene(conversation)

When i move either one of them away then they will stop attacking
Is this some kind of a bug??I downloaded the international patch
Old 05-13-2001, 04:25 AM   #4
Cayle
The Magister

Dou have Aerie? If she is Minsc's "witch" and gets low on HP, Minsc goes into bezerk mode. You can also activate it as a special ability. In bezerk mode, he kicks butt, but is not very particular about friend of foe.

Minsc and Keldorn SHOULD be a trouble free combo.

------------------
- Cayle
Old 05-13-2001, 05:15 AM   #5
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Hm...never thought about keeping them both in my party, because I always decide to kick Minsc and replace him with Keldorn or Valygar because of...SPOILER...................................... .................................................. .................................................. ....................the Aerie romance. It really sucks when Aerie has already told me she wants to experience everything with me and then gets her head twisted by that damn Minsc fella. Keldorn would never do anything that breaks my heart...sniff(you may know why)
Old 05-13-2001, 06:41 AM   #6
ShadowUK

I've never had that problem before.......

------------------
Old 05-13-2001, 07:32 AM   #7
Tom
Elminster

Maybe you went berzerk?

------------------

Coffee anyone?
Old 05-13-2001, 08:38 AM   #8
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah maybe it is because he went berzerk ehhe

Anyway i have Minsc in my party but i JUST(i mean just) SLEPT with Aerie hahahaha now she is MINE ahahahahah
Old 05-13-2001, 08:45 AM   #9
Tom
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Soven:
yeah maybe it is because he went berzerk ehhe

Anyway i have Minsc in my party but i JUST(i mean just) SLEPT with Aerie hahahaha now she is MINE ahahahahah
You said that in your other post. Just a little
Old 05-13-2001, 08:47 AM   #10
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

BUT Minsc doesn't attack anyone else......HE ONLY attacks keldornn and Keldorn will fight back.

And also try this, save your game, use your main character to hit jaheira, she will not hit back but when u hit keldorn or yoshimo they will hit back.Loyalty stuff??