Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-07-2002, 09:17 PM   #1
The Vicker
Welcomed New User

ok here is how I had to do it. I cast 4 minor helpers to tie up the demons and move them to where they will encounter fird couple demons.then cast haste, put in tears and run south leaving helpers to tie up demons. wait at southern steps a long time and get prepared c, caste protect evil 15 ft radius. now caste out a helper and move him forward to lure jon/slayer down. now fight cast heal and repeat always keeping helpers in play, continue until all looks dark and most of your spells and protections have been used THEN TURN INTO THE SLAYER CAST YOUR LAST DISPEL OR BREACH SPELLS AND KICK THE BAD BUYS ASS.
what a rush.
The Vicker
The Vicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 03:39 AM   #2
Whailor

Maybe spoilers
That fight isn't that bad that needs any huge preparation really. All I do is put in 4 Tears, save the game, slap on buffs, cast MMM's. Haste all up and slap in the last Tear. Text is really pointless so I just click thru it fast. As soon as combat starts I move the weaker chars away, while tanks beat up the demons. Slayer/Jon starts to zap around after the weaker members, but as soon as I see him "fly" away, I move the weaker members to another spot, where they can still use the ranged weapons to hit the demons as well. And thus the Slayer/Jon keeps "flying" around, without doing anything useful.

Demons go down nicely, get the extra XP, then move all on Slayer/Jon. Few Breaches/Pierce Magics and MMM's will get thru nicely (always did to me), True Sight will keep him visible. If he still cannot be hit with weapons, then Ruby Ray does the trick. As soon as he starts getting hit, he's dead. All spells will be interrupted due to Hasted melee people, ranged attacks also pelt him.. And chopped he is, game over (no ToB yet, waiting for it).

Of course, I have the TeamBG (or whoever's that is) XP cap remover, because I don't like the stupid caps. If I do something and get the XP, then it better very well affect my char too. I aint no Red Cross, I don't do things for free and the cap has to go Of course, without ToB you don't really get anything after the cap, other then +3 HP and +1 to Lore, if INT is high enough, per level. But still, I earned that XP.

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Whailor ]

Old 01-08-2002, 05:23 AM   #3
Manwe
Manshoon

I did it the old fashion way, just smacked those demons with Minsc, KOrgan and Jaheira... of course that resulted in that they almost got killed. Then i summoned some Hakaeshars and some Shambling mounds to attack Jon, and he used all his spells on the Hakaeshars. I casted some Khelben's Warding Whip, Breach, Secret Words and transformed myself into the Slayer.
Unfortunetly Minsc got killed just before Jon died.
Manwe is offline   Reply With Quote