Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2003, 03:37 PM   #1
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I was soloing a F/M/T as I've said in posts before and I just wanted some people's opinions on how she's looking and what I need to improve.

Tiara DoomsTree
Alignment:Chaotic Nuetral
Classes: Fighter/Mage/Thief
Levels: 13/13/15

Helmet: Helmet of Defense
Armor: Armor of Faith (or Robe of Vecna)
Belt: Girdle of Storm Giant Strength
Weapons-
Main Hand: Defender of Easthaven +2
Off Hand: Acid Katana +4

Update

I didn't really like soloing, well, I did but I decided to adopt 5 other characters into my party. They are as follows-

Mazzy
Keldorn
Valgar
Kivan (from TDD)
Viconia

I implimented a new item in the game that I never ran into in TDD called the Dark Evolver. I'm going to try it out and see how it works.

Big Question on Spell Books
Is it smart to copy down all the scrolls you ever get into your spellbook so you can memorize them if you're going solo wizard? (or in this case, with my character)

Thanks in advance
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 03:59 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

The only major thing that spring to mind about your equipment is the weapons. I dont have the stats to hand, but it may be worth putting the katana in the main hand. Remember the main hand gets more hits. But thats just a guess, as I say I dont have the stats on the Acid Katana.

on the spellbook question, in general, you should memorise all of scrolls you can find, for XP. The only concern is that you may run out of spellbook slots if you dont have a high enough INT, but if oyu have ToB installed you can delete spells so thats not a major hassle.

However, with a F/M/T party character, I wouldnt think your going to be able to cast 9th level spells anytime soon, so hand those over to, hey, you dont have a full mage? Unless its Kivan. Anyway, if its a spell your not going to be able to cast from spellbook in a long while, it may be worth keeping it to cast from scroll.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:07 PM   #3
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Get Sanchuudoku in your main hand (it is worh the extra attacks you get in your main hand), let your clone's (Project Image) cast your high level scrolls (time-stop,ADHW ect.), because you aren't any near to cast level 9 spells.

The Dark Evolver, it's that sword that ''grows'' in abilities everytime you level up isn't it?.... it can become a relic and such?
I saw the Item describtion a while ago... real nice if you ask me .

Use the ToB function to re-write scrolls you already had... to gain some levels ... unless you find this way ''cheating'' or ''cheesy'' but it can help. But as I said, don't scribe your high level scrolls because you can still use them with our clone's without loosing them (making them very very usefull)

Old 03-12-2003, 04:17 PM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Actually Andrewas, I was going to get Imoen and Irenicus into my group as full mages so no worries there

Come on Annatar, you should know me better than that by now, I don't believe anything is cheesy
Old 03-12-2003, 06:58 PM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

But I've noticed a bad side effect to the Acid Katana. The acid backlash sometimes hits the character, and it hits me so hard with so much cumulative damage, it kills me nearly instantly. Any advice on this?
Old 03-13-2003, 02:00 AM   #6
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

protection from acid. i think some armours (ankheg ? shadow dragon?) might give you acid resistence, otherwise/also buy and use scrolls of protection from acid (there's probably spells of it too). remember if you get an elemental resistence high enough, hits of that element will HEAL you... so for tough fights, boost your acid protection waaay up and put the katana in your main hand.

ps. where did you get that evolving sword ? is it part of a mod ? Ive never heard of it but it sounds interesting
Old 03-13-2003, 02:09 AM   #7
Thorfinn
Zhentarim Guard

Spoil on scribing spells
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
There are enough Potions of Genius around that you should never worry about running out of space in your spell book. Just save the scrolls up until you feel you want to memorize one of them, quaff one of them puppies, and scribe 'em all...
Thorfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:18 AM   #8
Thorfinn
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
But I've noticed a bad side effect to the Acid Katana. The acid backlash sometimes hits the character, and it hits me so hard with so much cumulative damage, it kills me nearly instantly. Any advice on this?
Are you telling me you have never been warned about the flashbacks from dropping acid?
Thorfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 07:16 AM   #9
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Actually Karlosovic, I threw it on an enemy in the game using ShadowKeeper, because I never found the actual sword itself in TDD. Here are the stats if you want to see it.

Dark Evolver (Unevolved)

This blood red blade was created many generations ago when weapons of such fine craftmanship were few and far between. The blood blade was created for the giant demon Karnok and was created to emphasize the huge number of slays that he made. The blade reacted to the amount of souls that Karnok had taken with his blood lust and in only a short time the blade was so powerful that Karnok made the mistake of over confidence. He entered the battle field with an uncontrollable charge and was tripped. The blood blade impaled the demon wielder and the demon fell dead with a blade nothing more than red steel. The blade lost it's wielder and lost its power but it waits for another wielder with the thirst for blood the bring it back to relic status.

STATISTICS:

THACO: +1 bonus
Damage: 1D8 +1
Special( from level 10 every 3 levels gained the blade will gain an enchantment or a special ability.
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 3
Speed Factor: 3
Proficiency Type: Long sword
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Not Usable By:
Good
Druid
Cleric
Mage

Dark Evolver (Relic)

This blood red blade was created many generations ago when weapons of such fine craftsmanship were few and far between. The blood blade was created for the giant demon Karnok and was created to emphasize the huge number of slays that he made. The blade reacted to the amount of souls that Karnok had taken with his blood lust and in only a short time the blade was so powerful that Karnok made the mistake of over confidence. He entered the battle field with an uncontrollable charge and was tripped. The blood blade impaled the demon wielder and the demon fell dead with a blade nothing more than red steel. The blade lost it's wielder and lost its power but it waits for another wielder with the thirst for blood the bring it back to relic status.

STATISTICS:

THAC0: +5 bonus
Damage: 1D8 +5
Special: 20% chance of draining 4 levels.
Special: Immunity to level drain.
Special: Immunity to death magic
Special: 30% magic resistance
Damage Type: slashing
Weight: 3
Speed Factor: 3
Proficiency Type: Long sword
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Not Usable By:
Good
Druid
Cleric
Mage

There you go.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:58 AM   #10
daan
Silver Dragon

[img]tongue.gif[/img] its one of the fun ways to kill kuriosan,.. wait till he doesnt have any protection from the elements anymore and make sure you are 100% acid-proof.

Now cast Fireshield:Red + Fireshield:Blue (or just one of those).
Walk up to him so that when he hits you, an acidic backlash is triggerd because the fireshields hurt him. You keep getting sprayed with more and more acid ( but your immune ) while he's receiving incredible amounts of fire_ and colddamage that just keeps adding up faster and faster.

He should be dead in less than a few seconds that way