Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-30-2002, 01:13 AM   #1
theholyavenger
Manshoon

My spec for my machine:

P4-1.4 GHz
256mb rdram
GeForce 2 pro 64mb
Sound Blaster Live!Value
4.1 speaker(front,surround with subwoofer)

The problem concerns with my soundcard and possibly the drivers.I think that my soundcard isn't working anymore...it won't output any sounds, i tried installing the driver from the disc that came together with the hardware but still didn't work.I downloaded the driver from creative labs but still no luck.(I tested my speakers with a discman and it works fine.So i guess it's not my speakers' problem.)Restarted tons of time after every change or installation of drivers,but all it outputs are static sounds(?).I even tried removing and installing the hardware component of the sound card.Can anyone hear my voice?Please [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] me!!!
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
Old 05-30-2002, 01:16 AM   #2
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

have you tried running dxdiag from your start-->run menu? Go along to sound and test all the things.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 05-30-2002, 11:55 AM   #3
theholyavenger
Manshoon

Last night my sound card was working fine. I finished playing BGII, closed all my programs and shut down my computer.But today even BGII stopped working without the sound,it stuck on the Black Isle logo when i load the game.Is it maybe the setting of my soundcard?Volume control on the startup tray?Or maybe the set sound in the control panel?
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
Old 05-30-2002, 12:44 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

If you did a proper shut down and stuff your soundcard settings shoudnt hae been scrwed up. (If you dont do it properly all bets are off - anything can happen then).

Id guess the sound card is dead. Still, a decent sound card is only 20 quid so its not a total catastrophe. You might be able to get it replaced under warranty.

Try it in someone elses machine first in case your mobos blown a PCI slot or something.
Old 05-30-2002, 06:58 PM   #5
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Have you trie to take out the sound card and reinsett in to an other pci slot? Trie that maby it helps!
Old 05-30-2002, 07:40 PM   #6
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Start from the simplest answers first,make sure none of your volume controlls or audio mixer controlls are on mute or turned down.I know this sounds silly but I have had downloads do this as a side effect.then run a hardware diagnostic if you have it.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
Old 05-30-2002, 08:02 PM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I've had my sounds go in and out and in and out and from what i've learned, a good ol' electric shock to your sound card fixes any sound problem [img]tongue.gif[/img] but then again that's with an iMac... lol
Old 05-30-2002, 08:06 PM   #8
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Ìmac??

Young man don´t use foul language

Trey to remove all your instalations of the soundcard and then in worse case scenario moce to a new PCI slot. I had that problem in Win 98 and ME is worse than win ME at least to my experience.

A new PCI slot my help you out. The problem might be that your card gets too hot and then loose it´s "place" in the puter..

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 05-31-2002, 03:44 PM   #9
theholyavenger
Manshoon

Okay, guys, this is what i did: I tried uninstalling all the drivers and programs that's related to sound blaster live!, followed all the procedures listed in creative's website, deleted all the files and EVEN tried switch pci slot with my modem. The stupid speaker(or the sound card) just seem to be dead!!!After i finished reinstalling back the drivers, all it outputs are static sounds. AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGG...I'm so pissed!!! The soundcard even slowed the performance of my P4 machine, now i have to disable the soundcard in the device manager so that my game can run smoothly. Someone...please [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] me solve this problem!