Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2004, 10:48 PM   #1
Son of Osiris

There is nowhere left to run...nowhere left to hide...from...

[img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toilet.gif[/img]

THE WHACKMIESTER'S DRUNKEN RAMPAGE!!!

This month, I'll cover these:
1. NWN meets Baldur's Gate: One idiot's fantasy of walking around a 3D wonderland that looks like the Sword Coast!
2. "Freedom Fighters" Ironies: Notice anything Ironic in the PS2 game "Freedom Fighters?"
3.Hordes of the Underdark WHOOPSIES!!!: Bioware doesn't speak Drow all that good!
4. The Mod I just finished Last Month: Part One in a Series.
5. The Catacombs under Paris: Who desinged it? Someone with too much free time or someone on serious crack?

NWN meets Baldur's Gate.

Just a couple of minutes ago, I was thinking about Baldur's Gate, then I had a thought about NWN. The two thoughts SLAMMED into each other and my mind wandered to a vision of NWN2 (or the next expansion, whatever!) taking place in a beutiful, 3D Sword Coast! My mind wandered to beutiful scenery, rag..corpse phsyics (that thing that's popular with the shooters and what-not.)an interactive environment (where if you kill a dude in front of a table, they fall on it and it cracks.) and another grand vision -- The entire game being available for PC and PS2! SWEET!!

[img]graemlins/smile33.gif[/img] "Freedom Fighters" Ironies:

For those of you that don't know about the PS2 game called "Freedom Fighters," it is a game that takes place in a rooskie dominated NYC. You control an entire army of rebels to kick them out. Anyway, I've noticed TWO ironies:

-> The Music is done by the HUNGARIAN RADIO CHOIR. I was expecting the Russian Red Army Choir.
-> In the game, I've seen a Billboard saying "Siberea: Take a Working Holiday" Rrrriiiiggghhhhtt....Hey, let's go to Siberea and stick our tongues to the rusty satilite dishes, wrecked tanks, and nuke dudes left over by the communists! Let's run naked through the snow and scratch our butts with Icicles!

[img]graemlins/lildrizzt.gif[/img] Hordes of the Underdark WOOPSIES!!!

Bioware's Drow language is a little rusty. (the following may contain spoilers)

-> You'll notice Sabal says "El Nin Dos" which in common means "Die Now You" WHOOPSIE!!!
-> Do you remember that poor sucker in Chapter one? The guy who got engulfed? He says "Nau! Elghinn! Nau!" which means "No! Death! No!" What that idiot said made no sense!

[img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img] The Mod I just Finished Last Month

Last month, I was feverishly working on the nuttiest module to EVER grace the Neverwinter Vault (I know it's not all that great, but don't throw it in my face, please.) The next one, I assure you, is gonna be even Nuttier, Even Larger, and more likely to make you shoot yourself in the head with an MP5!

Go here: http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules...13987718.shtml

[img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img] The Catacombs under Paris

The way I see it, whoever designed the Catacombs under Paris:
a) Had a *litte* too much free time
b) was a really sick piece of crap
c) was a regular Halaster Blackcloak
d) was on *serious* crack
e) All of the above!
JUST LOOK AT THIS PLACE!!!!
http://triggur.org/cata/index.html

Okay...entering withdrawl...must leave....(wanders blindly into the boiler room)

It's as hot as the devil's rectum in here! When did I move to hell?

Old 01-06-2004, 06:51 AM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Sir, let me prescribe you something that could help your situation. It's cyanide. Just take about half a miligram per kilogram of body weight and your problems will be gone forever.