Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-23-2001, 06:35 PM   #21
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

First of all, the spectator beholder is invincible regarding the fun factor. But I really love Firkraag´s dragon voice and his dialogues. He´s the perfect villain.

------------------
Calvin the bold the malt beer lord is in!
Old 08-23-2001, 07:07 PM   #22
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah Firkraag is great... "My servants are subtle, when I wish it." Just how I'd imagine a Red Dragon. Of course, I had to chop him up for being evil but what can you do?

Irenicus, too is a great bad guy. Really quite chilling in his thirst for revenge.

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 08-23-2001, 07:54 PM   #23
Crusader
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I like Major Domo in the fighter's Stronghold cuz he does whatever i tell him too. And call me a dork but Jahiera is hot for a game character. BAH- Shes also most fun to have a romance with "in my opinion"

I'm so friggin cool

------------------
Butt Kicking for Goodness!
Old 08-23-2001, 11:21 PM   #24
Lifetime
Red Dragon

If you guys noticed..the whole thing with Lady Irlana and Garret AND Cyrano the halfling who feeds him the lines is an easter egg from a show called Cyrano..its in French I think, and its about an ugly but talented man writing love letters on behalf of a nice looking moron to a women they both love..

And for favourites..I liked Solafein and Phaere's dialouge, and most of the special characters you meet while ruling the D'Arnise Castle. They have pretty fun dialouges depending on whether you want to be a big bad tyrant or a kind old softie..

My favourite was when I tossed those insolent tax collecters in jail and had the theif in my castle hanged. Just made me feel like Dr Evil for a teensy weensy moment

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 08-24-2001, 02:29 AM   #25
Starkiller
The Magister

I could be wrong, but I believe there is a famous book which is actually the origin of "Syrano De'burgiak"...(I know I butchered the name, but it is something like that, a guy with, among other things, a HUGE nose who is also an amazing bard, and attempts to win the woman he loves for his friend, who is not too bright, but supposed to be quite attractive.

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-24-2001, 05:06 AM   #26
Tuor
Elminster

Yep the main character is Cyrano de Bergerac I believe, It's a classic book and there was a dreadful Steve Martin, Darryl Hannah film based on it. So its not an original idea. (but fairly amusing none the less when you see it in BG2)
Old 08-24-2001, 05:44 AM   #27
Link
Jack Burton

The Beholder in the Sahuagin City is definitely great. He's awsome, i wonder who thought of that? What i do wish to know is what you guys like so much about the Silver Dragon. I mean: she wasn't that funny..

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 08-24-2001, 04:19 PM   #28
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

regarding Cyrano. There is an excelent French movie about him, I think it's with Gerard Depardeu (sp?). Highly recommend it.