Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2002, 03:20 PM   #11
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:
'One solution- REVOLUION!' (a classic )

A classic indeed! When I was at the student fees demonstration a couple of weeks ago me and some friends got seperated from the main group and ended I up walking down Whitehall (6 lanes of traffic wide) with 9 people, followed by a parade of police motorcyles wanting to open up the road again, whilst singing that one. We walked as slowly as possible to make our point. There are loads of really cool ones:

"Hey Esso, whats the deal? Global Warming is for real!"
"1, 2, 3, 4! We don't want this bloody war! 5, 6, 7, 8! Spend it on the Welfare State!"
"Bacardi - No! Cuba - Si!"
"They say Warfare! We say Welfare!
"Stop the War! On the floor!" (when we tried to get a sit down going in Piccadilly circus)

And, my favorite, from the afore-mentioned student fees protest:

"My overdrafts gone over its limit,
My bank managers angry with me,
My overdrafts gone over its limit,
So bring back my grant cheque to me!
Briiing back...

Briiiiiiiiiing back!

Oh bring back my grant cheque to me, to me,
Briiing back...

Briiiiiiiiiiing back!

Oh bring back my grant cheque to me."

I should also point out that the only reason I go on big demos is because I am in London. It's where it all happens!
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 03-02-2002, 03:28 PM   #12
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If only I could join in Barry, but it's quite a trek each time, 326 miles or close enough from my part of England (near Bristol.)
Old 03-02-2002, 03:36 PM   #13
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Those were some catchwords there Barry, too bad you don't understand swedish, we have some pretty cool ones to
So..I guess Neb's gone then..I hope that means I can drool over Tao over at the ORT without being interrupted everytime!
Gal, how's your father doing?
Old 03-02-2002, 03:41 PM   #14
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
If only I could join in Barry, but it's quite a trek each time, 326 miles or close enough from my part of England (near Bristol.)

Bah Humbug! 'Tis but an expensive and unreliable train journey away!

(unreasonable mode off)

Yeah, I understand. I used to have the same problem before I came to London. There is just no practical and cheap way of getting to this kind of stuff.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 03-02-2002, 03:59 PM   #15
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

you just don't read fantasy,you live it.where's the excitment of these stupid protests.all you do is march around shouting out the same old worn out chants and sing the same old worn out songs.what you need is to just grow up and face the fact that in this world those who are free are strong.would you be protesting the war if someone killed three thousand people in london?these animals laugh at you when you march against the war.do you think they would hesitate to kill you?these THINGS are evil,just like all those who came before that wished to force their violent idealogies on the world.

and what really makes me mad is,when i try to reply to a post,my cable connection goes out.

-------------------------
that government that governs best,governs least.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:06 PM   #16
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
you just don't read fantasy,you live it.where's the excitment of these stupid protests.all you do is march around shouting out the same old worn out chants and sing the same old worn out songs.what you need is to just grow up and face the fact that in this world those who are free are strong.would you be protesting the war if someone killed three thousand people in london?these animals laugh at you when you march against the war.do you think they would hesitate to kill you?these THINGS are evil,just like all those who came before that wished to force their violent idealogies on the world.

and what really makes me mad is,when i try to reply to a post,my cable connection goes out.

Wow! I haven't heard that one before!

Suffice to say that I disagree and would love to argue it with you, but the Cafe is not the place to do it. Sorry if I got too political in here in the first place, but lets take it elsewhere if you want to. Not that I think the mods will want us to... but you never know...

BTW, I agree 100% on your last point. I hate that to.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:08 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Do your cable connections go out frequently?
Old 03-02-2002, 04:13 PM   #18
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Do your cable connections go out frequently?

Well, mine doesn't do it very often. Just often enough to be annoyed at it.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:14 PM   #19
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
would you be protesting the war if someone killed three thousand people in london?cable connection goes out.

I'm going to have to do the same as Barry and restrain a reply, but I'll just say one thing, yes I would, if it was carried out the same way, and innocemts were likely to get involved.
Anyway, I'm not sure what Blair would do.

[POLITICAL MODE OFF]

Now, how is everyone? Not too bad I hope.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:15 PM   #20
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Well, don't have any cable problems here, Sweden has a very stable DSL system, though..