Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2001, 02:06 AM   #1
Lord Vaskulus N'Vareth Vaskaron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've a couple of newbie-ish questions, I suppose--

First, I've ascended my level 8 wizard to a warlock, he's been granted the ancient lore trait and is now level 3. How do I use this skill?

Second, the "Special" button doesn't exist for me-- for all of my characters it's the "Dragon Fire" button. Is this normal? I don't think any of my characters have that capability.

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2001, 05:54 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Check the manual on Ancient Lore - from memory it is a precursor for something automatic (sheesh, either identify, or......). Most of the traits you gain through training are auto initiated, or precursors to obtaining different traits or skills.

There are several traits that can be obtained through actions or invoking items. These are initiated through that trait button. The default for that button is Dragonfire, but no one starts with that trait, so the buttn is inactive. When you get over the other side of Ishad N'ha, you get more opportunities to develop these skills. Look for things thatyou can invoke.
Old 11-14-2001, 08:45 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi, Lord Vaskulus N'Vareth Vaskaron!

Ancient Lore and Artifacts allow you to identify items (right click on an item in your inventory and then click the "?" icon). The higher the level of Artifacts the more powerful items you will be able to identify.

Most likely you just have not gained any of the "specials" such as Dragon Fire or Evil Eye. You'll get some of them eventually!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 11:08 PM   #4
Lord Vaskulus N'Vareth Vaskaron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks so much folks, I really just want to say how helpful and great the community here is. You all really go out of your way to answer posts and help each other. I'm very greatful. I'm disabled, so I have a lot of computer time on my hands and I read back from page 127 to page one. I'm very impressed; I'm sorry I'm not good enough yet to be offering advice. Technically,I should be-- I got the game when it first came out (almost, it was a Christmas gift last year)... I just didn't start playing it because I was Balduring, and at the time my partner was considering a job with Interplay/Black Isle.

Again my thanks. I'm assuming that gaining "Artifacts" is something I'll eventually stumble on-- I'm just about completely finished with the first town now... having reloaded the Toad Village a hundred times until the blocking frog was no longer there. Oooh, I do have information to share... I'll make a new post.

--Vask