Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2001, 09:03 PM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Aack Wyv! I remember your ASCII map of Wizardry VI. Helped a bundle, though!

Interestingly enough, I rendered all my Wizardry maps in Excel spreadsheets with the column width set to 1.6 when I played through them years later. It made for some gorgeous color maps; plus, on those mines you mention, I was able to color-code each set of stairs down and up. I was going to do the same for Crusders (Wiz 7) but it was got too entailed for me. Oh well!

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2001, 09:11 PM   #12
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

and what was that - 10 years ago?? (Wiz 6?)
Had to be ascii back then was still the really only universal language! gak!!!
Took me 2 months I think to write that walkthru and do those maps!
Was a lot of hard work, but I'm still proud of it!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2001, 10:41 PM   #13
Moni

Skywalker,
I don't recall Dragon Wars, sorry!
I am sure if I had played it the title would have rung a bell up there, but...nothing.

: )
Moni
Old 01-14-2001, 12:58 AM   #14
Moni

Cool, Dragon Wars sounds like I really missed out on some 1990's fun!
1990...hmmm, I was working 60 hrs a week & paying all bills plus 4000.00 for hospital bills from riding with a drink driver. Not much time for fun back then. I can see why I missed it!
Next time I go into the city, I'll see what kind of used PC games stores I can find...have not looked for any since I moved to Texas mainly because my boyfriend has a collection that fills a crate & he keeps buying new ones for me.
Moni
Old 01-14-2001, 04:18 AM   #15
carg
The Magister

To all you guys and gals loving to play without automaps: go play Daggerfall without using the map function!
(Although I think playing Bard's Tale 1 to 3 would cure you of this affliction for the coming months as well.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 08:33 AM   #16
skywalker
Banned User

Dragon Wars had your party stuck in a prison called Purgatory and your first task was to find a way out. Kinda like Wiz 4. I think there were 3 ways out (one was through a stinkin' sewer drain. Made in 1990, Uh oh, I'm feeling old again.

Here is what The Underdogs has to say about it:

The true successor to Interplay's acclaimed Bard's Tales games that unfortunately never got as much attention, Dragon Wars is an epic fantasy game that combines the best elements of Interplay's previous RPGs. Fans of classic sci-fi RPG Wasteland will recognize puzzles that can be solved by using various skills, and there are multiple solutions to most puzzles, as well as optional sub-quests.
Even the plot of Dragon Wars is a far cry from typical band-of-heroes-kill-the-foozle fare: you start out as slaves in Purgatory, stripped of all weapons and equipment. Your party must therefore concentrate on escaping the prison before setting a lofty aim of saving the land from chaos. Your quest will take you through vast continents, including the underworld, with dozens of monster types to battle and many NPCs to converse with. Optional sub-quests are always rewarding and interesting, and multiple solutions to puzzles make Dragon Wars highly replayable. As icing on the cake, you can also import characters saved from Bard's Tales series. Dragon Wars is a must-have for any RPGer, although those looking for an easy RPG should look elsewhere, as this is certainly not a game that you can finish in a few hours, and the final battle will take all the skills and luck you have.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote