Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-14-2004, 06:38 PM   #1
dmuzzy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I noticed that the Cloak of the stars says it makes 6, +5 darts per day. Does anyone know if that is +5 magical? I can't imagine so, otherwise this would have probably shown up in the forums before among the demi-lich killing instruments.

Just wondering...
dmuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 07:07 PM   #2
Userunfriendly
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by dmuzzy:
I noticed that the Cloak of the stars says it makes 6, +5 darts per day. Does anyone know if that is +5 magical? I can't imagine so, otherwise this would have probably shown up in the forums before among the demi-lich killing instruments.

Just wondering...
it does indeed show up as a demi lich killing instrument...its just so rarely used..
Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:16 PM   #3
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

And the reason it's so rarely used if you have to know, is because that's 6 per day, which kinda limit's the damage you can do with them..
Old 01-14-2004, 08:25 PM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
'Course, you don't get six per day. You get six per use, and one use before you have to rest. Which means that you can rest and get six more, then, I believe you MIGHT be able to do it again. But that's at least twelve darts, and it's not as if the demilich has a huge amount of hit points. Combine those darts with the Ring of the Ram and other strategies, and I think it's a fine weapon to use.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:42 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

It does appear in my complete list of weapons that can hurt Demi-Liches (refer to signature). Remember, you can always use other weapons in conjunction with the Darts. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-15-2004, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 02:23 AM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Especially since you can throw... Three per round? With just one slot. Am I right? Give six each to different characters and get it done quicker..

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:59 PM   #7
drew_jarvie
Zhentarim Guard

Sometimes, if you put items with charges in a bag of holding then take them out, they get their charge back. So, if you wanted to be cheesy, you could put it in and out until you had enoguh... I dunno if it works tho you'll have to try [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2004, 09:05 PM   #8
Userunfriendly
Elminster

Smiley

Quote:
Originally posted by drew_jarvie:
Sometimes, if you put items with charges in a bag of holding then take them out, they get their charge back. So, if you wanted to be cheesy, you could put it in and out until you had enoguh... I dunno if it works tho you'll have to try [img]smile.gif[/img]
it does work...so does the upgraded erlinne sling in tob, and daystar's sunray, spelltrap and lightningbolt/fireball in staff of magi...ring of ram, etc, etc...

anything with use per day works...

however if you have multiple uses per day, like the item upgrade daystar, you must fully drain the item, use all charges, and then stick in bag of holding, or gem bag, or wolfskin bag from unfinished buisness, and you only get one charge back...

oh yeah, this does NOT work with wands, or rods, with a limited charges that can be used anytime until all charges are depleted...any wand, staff of power, elemental rods...those must be sold to store, and bought back or stolen to work...

[ 01-15-2004, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Userunfriendly ]
Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:14 AM   #9
SnarktheStrange
The Magister

Valygar is wearing the cloak and cannot get the darts. What is the procedure?

[ 11-17-2005, 03:17 AM: Message edited by: SnarktheStrange ]
Old 11-17-2005, 04:08 AM   #10
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

it should be in the item use slot, i think it look slike a backpack ont eh main game screen, and i think there should then be a picture of a clak, pressing this should generate the darts.