Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-10-2001, 04:32 PM   #1
Absynthe

In the first dungeon, I used the warriors crystal to obtain the warrior figurine and complete that subquest. Later, I used some crates to jump up and get the wizard figurine and completed that subquest also. Has anybody else done this, and if so, were there any bad side-effects?
Old 01-10-2001, 04:41 PM   #2
Serath
Manshoon

Great bit of thinking there! It never occured to me to try and find a way to grab the second figurine. I would suspect that if the quest plays through OK, that there will be no side effects. If the game allows you to do it, I think it's all good.

Serath
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 07:25 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Others have done this, there really isn't anything to stop you. You can get a nice piece of plate armor if you took the wizard path the first time through. There are no bad side effects from doing so!! You certainly earn a sense of accomplishment by the effort!
Kudos, Absynthe, for being among the few!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 07:43 PM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

On an earlier of my many restarts I did just that. I tried both paths. The Wizard side had the mentioned Plate Armor which was useful early on, but the Warrior side had nothing spectacular. The Warrior path was so mediocre, that I never bothered to do it again on subsequent regames (look, a new word).

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 07:55 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

"regames" and a goodly word it is too!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 05:03 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

Recently I did the wizard path first, then used the two treasure chests to climb back out, and proceeded down the warrior path. Which finally gave my solo character AC 13 and up to 20 damage per hit without enchantments and without buying anything. After the first few levels it appears that the game only gets easier with fewer characters.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote