Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-16-2001, 08:51 AM   #31
Sorcerer Alex

I'm with Mark on this - you really need to find another alternative to this violence. This is exactly what the muslims are trying to provoke and we're just giving in to them by striking back. We should stand up to these terrorist attacks in a decent, civilised way. We have to show them that we are better than this - thats why its so important that we dont attack. We must NOT stoop to their level.

Old 09-16-2001, 08:51 AM   #32
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
Oh Memnoch, you worry too much

It's my job to worry so you guys don't have to.

------------------
Old 09-16-2001, 08:52 AM   #33
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I disagree, terrorism is like the Hydra of Mythology. Cut off one head and 2 will replace it. Do not forget, an attack on these people will create a Holy War which is the most dangerous war of all. Just ask Israel. And what of the groups in the US that are still here and laying low?

Mark

Perhaps that is true, but if you leave the Hydra alone, that doesn't mean it will leave you alone. And I agree with you about Israel, but then they aren't just fighting the terrorists though, they are fighting a religious war. They have been fighting over 1000's of years, yet they still stand. Should they give up the fight? To do so would end their way of life. That was a good example I hadn't even thought to use. Thank you for your insights.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 08:54 AM   #34
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
I'm with Mark on this - you really need to find another alternative to this violence. This is exactly what the muslims are trying to provoke and we're just giving in to them by striking back. We should stand up to these terrorist attacks in a decent, civilised way. We have to show them that we are better than this - thats why its so important that we dont attack. We must NOT stoop to their level.
I agree with you, but really don't see an alternative. I WISH there was a way to win peacefully. But all I see is an end to our way of life. Maybe Bush and his administration will find/be given a peaceful solution. We can only hope and pray this will occur.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL

[This message has been edited by Tobbin (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 08:57 AM   #35
skywalker
Banned User

Memnoch!

I do believe this is the most respectful discussion of these issues I have seen here for sometime! Kudos to all who have contributed to this thread, thus far. You are all respectful and with much honor. We should be proud! Let's see if we can keep Memnoch from having to do any action whatsoever, except to contribute, of course!

Mark
Old 09-16-2001, 08:59 AM   #36
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
terrorists would not make attacks if they didnt have a reason. America has done something to earn the hatered of so many, what has it done? you should ask. All states are guilty of terrorism and human rights abuses, even America. There are only degrees of Guilt.

True, well spoken. What we may decide is humane may be cruel and twisted to someone else.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 09:02 AM   #37
Sorcerer Alex

There is a way, Tobbin. I suggest we step up security, taking much more care in future. I believe these attacks were sent as a warning, not as an invitation to start a full scale war. The US must be less naive and more careful. I'm convinved that's the message behind it.

Old 09-16-2001, 09:02 AM   #38
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
I agree with you, but really don't see an alternative. I WISH there was a way to win peacefully. But all I see is an end to our way of life. Maybe Bush and his administration will find/be given a peaceful solution. We can only hope and pray this will occur.

I see your point, Tobbin! And I am siting on the fence. I hope the Great Powers in this World can do the right thing here. We really have no say, except to exchange ideas here! I just don't want to see more innocent blood shed here or overseas!

Believe me, I understand your views, I've been there. The way the media manipulates this story, I've been on both sides many times. I wonder which side I will end up on!

Mark

Old 09-16-2001, 09:02 AM   #39
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

we should kill the roots that is producing hydra, find it!

it does not have to be a physical thing...
Old 09-16-2001, 09:02 AM   #40
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

wrong wrong wrong
Whats wrong with what I posted?

I don't want war! But I see it coming and it scares me.

But all the Money, Love, and Caring in the world is not going to stop the lowest IQed President of World history from being his fathers son. I am not at all religous but even I am praying we had another man holding the reigns right now.

An what I posted about the world market is the truth bud. Thing are that bad.

So guess what this means for us.

Its time to suck it up and get our families ready for what is coming. And hope we are all around when its over.

And what Saddam and bin Laden want and plan for our world...Hitler was a pansy in comparision.........