Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 07:58 AM   #11
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Just a note, don't let this thread disintegrate into an Arab/Muslim bashing thread, ok?
Oh Memnoch, you worry too much

Old 09-16-2001, 08:08 AM   #12
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
My point of view on the Wisdom or Force thing:

It would be preferred if one could solve this in a peaceful way, but that is not possible, whoever it was that attacked America will continue to attack America unless he/she is stopped, once that individual or organisation is stopped however, it will be time to use wisdom and peaceful means to stop another one from being created, and to further understanding and peace between everyone so that we can stand together if another should arise and not have some people have such a hatred for others that they could celebrate such a terrible disaster as the one we saw on tuesday.

Neb, it is somethung that can "never" be solved. Our People and our Goverment will never understand it, the lust for blood is too strong.

In local news, many Vermonters do not want War. I think I am one of them.

Mark
Old 09-16-2001, 08:10 AM   #13
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I don't think that violence is good, but this time it is necessary, I'd PREFER if it could be solved without violence or destruction, but I sincerely doubt it will be possible, for whoever was behind this MUST be punished.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
Old 09-16-2001, 08:15 AM   #14
Sorcerer Alex

Neb, I'm afraid I can't agree with you on this. Let me give you an example. Say, you're in debt, and you desperately need cash. Would you go out and borrow more money? You don't solve money problems with money, you don't solve violence with violence.

------------------
http://go.to/alex-p Take a look at my site!

Old 09-16-2001, 08:21 AM   #15
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OMG OMG

Saddam is SUCH a dangerous man!

God damnit, watch his wording

he called it a "new crusade" against "muslim countries" when it is actually revenge on terrorism
he has replaced "terroists" with "muslims", he is sending a messege that

should americans retaliates, all muslim countries will band together

this is a letter with the evilest intention I've ever seen

now I began to suspect if Saddam had played a hand in Sep 11th's tragedy

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 08:22 AM   #16
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

actually, come to think of it, he has his points

but still, he meant to create troubles here

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 08:28 AM   #17
skywalker
Banned User

I would think that's what I'd be doing if I (what an awful thought) were him. That is why I think this will escalate into something no one could possibly control.

Mark
Old 09-16-2001, 08:32 AM   #18
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

I am an American living here in Europe, and find the points of views of most of the Europeons strangely out of sinc with reality.

If America sits back and does nothing, what happens? American morale falls, the stock markets all ready weak and unstable come crashing down. We fall into a world wide ressesion and world turmoil results. And will the Terrorist stop their attacks? HELL NO!

If America attacks with all its resources and with carefully planned out battle orders. It will be a long horrible war with many dead on both sides, But the American people are galvanized to stick this one out to the bitter end. Terrorist will be made to pay for their crimes and the Market will boom with technology and defense spending leading the way. Only if no secret weapons of mass destruction are bought into play by the fanatics who don't care who they lose or what reprocussions they bring about, is this a "good" thing. (No war is a good thing but this one has allready started .)

If that happens then it could very easily be the start of WW III.

Of this much I am certain. We are perched on the edge of the abyss since last tuesday, and unfortunately there is no way to turn back the clock. So instead of posting negative views of what has happened. Pray to your god that the US will win the this war without it rolling over into any other regions.

War is coming have no doubt, All we can do is pray for is it not to explode into WW III.

------------------
Old 09-16-2001, 08:34 AM   #19
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I would think that's what I'd be doing if I (what an awful thought) were him. That is why I think this will escalate into something no one could possibly control.

Mark
they don't want to cooperate, why would they? what Saddam said is true, many muslim coutries suffered casualty from western policy, but ■■■■, he is bringing another destruction down to himself, and to the world, by messing things up.

you are right, Mark, I don't want to agree, but it is running out of control

this is not an attack, it is a treachery, someone plotted this all along, I just wish CIAs, FBIs can work their ass faster and find out who the responsibles are and bri....

wait, one second thought, they are probally muslims anyway.
Old 09-16-2001, 08:35 AM   #20
skywalker
Banned User

What if you have no God to pray too?

Mark