Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-11-2002, 10:08 PM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Welp, ive been playing this game for atleast 100 hours now
and i gota say, i dont like the way they handled the leveling/combat/magic system.

Right now i have a level 64 orc berserker with 100+ in all statistics as well as mastery in every single skill the game has.
i dont think they should have allowed this to be possible

they need to remove the ability to train misc skills and remove certain spell lines like fortify attribute.

when can make rings that add 47 points to any attribute constantly it really makes you wonder what they were thinking; they should not have added the ability to make an object constantly do something - its just too powerful.

Also, i find the combat system a bit unbalanced, you shouldnt be able to add a min 67 max 67 point fire damage to a weapon, it really trivializes all combat situations; i can take on 4 golden saints at once without breaking a sweat.

and does luck do anything at all? i have yet to find anything special happen to me because of my very high luck and still very rarely get critical hits which i would think is one of the obvious things luck with help with.

I think next time i play through the game im going to try a naked monk specialized in hand to hand and unarmed just to avoid the crazy uberness thats possible with the rest of the game.

course you could say well whyd you make the orc as such in the first place then? to see if it was possible to do and so that i could kill vivec for a laugh.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 12:04 AM   #2
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

Vivec.... aarrgh! you speak too much!

So far (level 13) i don't feel the game is void of challenge. I still count every penny and choosing stats when i level is a hard decision. My personality is still at 30 and i suffer a lot from it, i'm not fast etc...
I think they made the game so you don't have to max your level to defeat the Big Boss. It's not like Baldur's Gate for sure. It's a non-linear game. Meaning more side quests and dungeons, and more experience. You don't have to do it all, but if you do you'll sure be a half-god at the end. And if you want to use your power to kill every living thing on the island, they give you the means to do it.

I'm still 51 levels behind you though, so this is all speculation. Instead of going through all of the content with my first char, i'll stick to what fits with what i learn and the goals i fix myself. Next char will be the opposite of the first, to see the rest.