Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 07-02-2002, 01:11 PM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

WELCOME TO THE OCTAGON!

This thread is designed to allow any AD&D or BGII character to participate in Arena-style combat. NO "UBER" CHARACTERS ALLOWED! You have a total of 85 points to distribute among your 6 abilities as you see fit. I will review all characters sheets for approval and make any changes I feel are necessary to maintain balance.

There will be NO magic items or weapons in the Octagon. However, it is assumed that you have enough gold to equip your character with whatever normal equipment or weapons you want them to have (again, this will be subject to approval by the DM). You may have multiple quantities of any regular weapon or item, so long as your character has the strength and capacity to carry them all. I will apply the BGII limits on missile weapons (40 arrows or sling bullets/20 darts/etc) per carrying case/quiver/pouch/etc.

Spellcasters must include a list of spells known. I need to know which ones they plan to use in the Octagon and the order in which they will be cast.

Send your character sheets to me through e-mail or PM. Be sure to include a physical description of your character, along with any odd mannerisms or personality traits that you would like included in the descriptions of your battle. I will allow any legitimate racial/class kit combination from 1st or 2nd Edition AD&D or BGII. I will also allow non-weapon proficiencies if you choose to use them. All AD&D rules or kits can be reviewed at this site - AD&D Downloads

IF you choose a kit from one of the various Complete Handbooks (dwarven BattleRager, elven BladeSinger, etc), then PLEASE include a Complete list of all special abilities granted to that kit.

Each Octagon victory will earn your character Reputation points. Your characters Reputation will come into play in determining experience points for fights and rankings for any tournaments (YES, we will also have tournament competitions as time goes on).

You may issue a general challenge or challenge specific characters. A general challenge will be accepted on first come-first served basis.

Once your character is approved and your challenge is accepted, you must give the DM combat instructions (ie..1st two rounds fire bow, 3rd attack with swords..etc.). You can be as basic or advanced as you feel is necessary. Every character should have basic tactics on your character sheet, just in case of emergencies.

General Octagon Combat Rules:

1) There are two initial rounds of ranged combat. If one character advances, it changes to one round of ranged combat.
2) The use of traps and non-lethal poison is permitted.
3) Only one character per member. If your character is killed, you can create another.
4) There is a possibility of accidental death (-15hp).
5) No magic items to start with.
6) No outside help or interference.
7) All hit points and “level-up” rolls will be done by the DM.
8) Your ability score total may not be more than 85.
9) Ability score of 19 is allowed for racial adjustment as long as total is under 85.
10) Starting armor may not be better than regular plate mail.
11) All characters will start with 20,00xp. That will make most single-classed characters 5th-6th level. Multi-class characters will have the 20,000 divided evenly among their classes.

Once a character is approved, he/she will be added to the Roster. The Roster will list the name, class, and level of the character plus the name of the IW member playing that character. Once your character is listed on the Roster, he/she may issue a challenge.

How does it work?
You will send a PM to me outlining your battle strategy and I use the dice to actually “roll” the encounter. I will then Post a play-by-play account of the results in this thread.

So send me your characters – and LET THE COMBAT BEGIN!!!

One Last Note - I hope this thread will be popular and grow very large. In consideration for ALL our members, please "turn off" your sig in this thread. Thanks
Cerek the Barbaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 01:14 PM   #2
Cerek the Barbaric

OCTAGON ROSTER

Character: Neb - Human Psionic 6th level
Wins/Losses: 3/6
Player: Neb

Character: Mortilas - Elven Blade 6th level
Wins/Losses: 2/5
Player: Sir ReGiN

Character: Knuckles Akirason - Dwarven BattleRager 5th level
Wins/Losses: 6/2
Player: Sir Morguerat

Character: Deathkiller - Ranger 5th level
Wins/Losses: 2/3
Player: /)eathkiller

Character: Meegosh - Bounty Hunter 6th level (half-orc)
Wins/Losses: 1/2
Player: Elif Godson

Character: Encard - Wild Mage 5th level
Wins/Losses: 0/4
Player: Encard

Character: Oorg Ugggh - Beserker 5th level (half-orc)
Wins/Losses: 8/1
Player: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe

Character: Morgan Corbesant - Elven fighter/mage
Wins/Losses: 1/3
Player: Morgan Corbesant

Character: Grindall, the Good - Cleric of Lathandar
Wins/Losses: 0/2
Player: Beaumanoir

Character: Caleb, The Biscuit King - Monk
Wins/Losses: 6/1
Player: Caleb

Character: Kharn, Khornic Beserker
Wins/Losses: 3/1
Player: AzureWolf

Character: Lorath, the Deadly - Stalker
Wins/Losses: 0/1
Player: SSJSephorith

Character: Bacardi - Fighter/Cleric (Half-Ogre)
Wins/Losses: 1/1
Player: VulcanRider

Character: Dravin Kyoto - Kensai
Wins/Losses: 0/2
Player: Morgan Corbesant

[ 10-10-2002, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Cerek the Barbaric ]
Old 07-02-2002, 01:30 PM   #3
Cerek the Barbaric

Alright, we've got our second Octagon thread started. Thanks to everyone for your participation....and especially your patience.

Here are the fights I have listed so far:

1)Knuckles vs Morgan
This fight is ready to go. I will run it when I can.

2)Oorgh Uggh vs Kharn
I assume Kharn's tactics will remain unchanged, so I can run this fight now.

3)Mortilas vs Deathkiller
Deathkiller, send tactics for this fight.

4)Morgan vs Mortilas (ReMatch)
Ready to go.

5)Oorgh Uggh vs Meegosh
Need tactics for both.

6)Oorgh Uggh vs Caleb
Need tactics for both.

7)Neb/Caleb/Kharn vs Morgan/Knuckles/Deathkiller
Morgan and Knuckles need a partner. An "implied" offer has been made to Mortilas and Deathkiller. If neither of them accept, I'll bring in my "pansy mage" that almost fought Kharn to a draw singlehandedly.

Let's get those teams chosen and tactics sent. I'll try to get these fights done this week.

[ 07-07-2002, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Cerek the Barbaric ]
Old 07-02-2002, 02:45 PM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

my tactics for my fight with mortilas have been sent cerek.

[ 07-04-2002, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: Morgan_Corbesant ]
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 04:26 PM   #5
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:

3)Mortilas vs Deathkiller
but Deathkiller has not accepted the challenge....yet!.

I think this counts as an affirmation at least

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
*talks like a pro-wrestler*

You're going down Mortilas! yarrharr arr... i'm so dead...
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 04:53 PM   #6
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Oorg Uggh is mightiest of all, but not stupidest of all, he will fight the berserker one on one.

OOC: sorry i just couldnt think of a feasible way to take out two fighters.
Old 07-03-2002, 05:25 PM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

mwahahahaha let's begin this fight. Maybe we could get grindall to join us, we could always use a good cleric, and I be respecticatin Lathandar, he's a good guy, for a human god.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:02 PM   #8
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

hey CEREK check your PM for tactics
Old 07-03-2002, 10:40 PM   #9
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Oorg Uggh the ugliest of all I challenge you to a 1vs1 match. Beat me if you can...survive if I let you.

OOC: Does anyone know if galadria, sephiroth, and binky are still participating. I wanna fight em.

[ 07-04-2002, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: caleb ]
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 09:04 AM   #10
Cerek the Barbaric

I've read over the last few posts and checked all of my PM's. I've updated the "scheduled fights" to reflect these changes.

I can now run at least 3, maybe 4, of the fights listed. Some of the others still require more info.

Once again, I'm going to have to ask for a temporary halt to further challenges until I can get these 7 fights done.

My 4 year old buried my dice in the bottom of one of his toy boxes. I didn't even find them until last night. I may be able to start on the fights today, and I will try to have at least the 3 that are ready done by this weekend.

The fights I will do first are:

Morgan vs Knuckles
Oorgh Uggh vs Kharn
Morgan vs Mortilas (Re-match)

One last note to Sir Regin, I've been reading more in depth about the Bladesinger kit and realize that I have listed your level incorrectly. I had listed your character as a fighter who chose the Bladesinger style of fighting.

Instead, Mortilas is a true Bladesinger (which is a type of kit available for the fighter/mage multi-class). The only fight that may have been affected by this is your match with Morgan, and the ReMatch should settle that issue.

I sincerely apologize for the mistake, but I have NO 2nd Edition books, so I have to just reference the website that I "linked" to in the opening Post.