Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 05-01-2005, 01:55 PM   #1
Soothsayer
Dungeon Master

3 question threads in a week??
I hate to be the thorn in this forums boot, although I do give advice wherever I can.

<< !!!Thread Contains SPOILERS!!!>>
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
I have been thinking about whats going to happen when I finish IWD. I will return to Easthaven, to collect the Pale Justice for my Paladin, then defeat the final boss whose name escapes me. Then what? Do I have to start a new game with expansion only, then import my characters? Id rather travel to Kuldahar myself, having finished IWD. Is there anyway of doing this without missing out on the pale justice?

And while were on the subject, what happens if you do that little quest at the start in Easthaven, involving the main with the dreams, and the broken sword? Someone mention another special weapon, better then the Pale Justice, and help with that would be appreciated.

Thanks again everyone, I hope to be as helpful to someone as people have been to me.

-Sooth.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:22 AM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

No problem at all, Soothsayer, we need some action in the forum.

Heavy Spoilers
There is no way to defeat P______n/B______t and then go to Kuldahar. However, you can collect the Pale Justice and move on to the HoW expansion without starting an expansion-only game.

Pale Justice is in Malevon's area in Dorn's Deep. The 'end' of Dorn's Deep is when you place the badges in their spots in order to trigger a staircase in Brother Perdiem's area. You can collect all the badges, then go back to Kuldahar without placing the badges in their slots. In Kuldahar, enter the expansion. Upon finishing HoW (and TotL, preferably), simply go back to Lower Dorn's, set the badges down in their spots, and continue with the last two fights of the game. I generally cache the badges somewhere safe in Kuldahar, as they just take up inventory space in the expansions.

Regarding the quest sword, it's the "Restored Blade of Aihonen", a longsword that is "+5 within the distance of a dragon's flight from Lac Dinneshere". It also gives a minor HP bonus (+5, I believe), and 25% resistance to cold and fire. To get it, simply talk to Aihonen when you get back to Easthaven (he's in the same place where the water nymph was when you started).

Unfortunately, you can only get that sword after placing the badges and going up the staircase. Therefore, if you want Aihonen's Blade over the long haul, you would have to get it, finish the game, and import your characters into the expansion or into the main game again (perhaps for Heart of Fury mode).

You can have Aihonen's Blade upgraded by a dwarven smith in HoW, which increases the HP bonus and resistances, and also gives some healing and strength-granting powers to the wielder.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:10 PM   #3
NobleNick
Quintesson

Soothsayer,

~

~ SPOILERS

~

~

Pale Justice is in Malevon's area in Dorn's Deep. The 'end' of Dorn's Deep is when you place the badges in their spots in order to trigger a staircase in Brother Perdiem's area. You can collect all the badges, then go back to Kuldahar without placing the badges in their slots. In Kuldahar, enter the expansion. Upon finishing HoW (and TotL, preferably), simply go back to Lower Dorn's, set the badges down in their spots, and continue with the last two fights of the game. I generally cache the badges somewhere safe in Kuldahar, as they just take up inventory space in the expansions.

Actually, you can place the badges and open the staircase. The real trigger (the point of no return) occurs some time after you ascend the staircase. So just place your badges to open the staircase, but don't take the stairs! Instead, return to Kuldahar to start HoW. I kno this works because I've done it; but if you wanted to, I'm sure you could just drop the badges at the altar. They are a quest item, so should not disappear like other items do after a while.

Another thing: I don't know what Aerich meant by "Malevon's area." Pale Justice is not actually *IN* Malevon's home (or lab, whatever), but IIRC it is nearby. It is definitely in Lower Dorn's Deep.

You can have Aihonen's Blade upgraded by a dwarven smith in HoW, which increases the HP bonus and resistances, and also gives some healing and strength-granting powers to the wielder. [/QUOTE]

Really, Aerich? I never heard of this one. Neat!

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 07:50 AM   #4
Soothsayer
Dungeon Master

Thanks alot for the advice guys, I was under the impression that the pale justice was located in easthaven, up some alleyway that I diddnt notice the first time I completed IWD. I was told there was a fallen paladin (i mean slain, not disgraced [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) in easthaven who had carried the sword. But now you tell me its in lower dorns.

[ 05-07-2005, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Soothsayer ]
Old 05-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
NobleNick
Quintesson

Soothsayer,

~

~ SPOILERS

~

~

Yes, the details of your story are all correct, except the name of the chapter in which you were told to find the weapon. LDD is the correct area.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 04:25 PM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:
Soothsayer,

~

~ SPOILERS

~

~

You can have Aihonen's Blade upgraded by a dwarven smith in HoW, which increases the HP bonus and resistances, and also gives some healing and strength-granting powers to the wielder. Really, Aerich? I never heard of this one. Neat!

Yes, the key is though is finish a game of IWD, than import your characters in to a game of HoW because you are given Aihonen's Blade in Easthaven past the point of no return. After the first upgrade if you import the upgraded sword into a new game the Dwarf will upgrade it a second time. I don't know of the properties change but the appearance changes. Nothing happens in he does not offer to upgrade if you import the sword a third time.

[ 05-09-2005, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote