Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-09-2001, 03:21 AM   #1
Cleric Fanatic
Welcomed New User

What is the most under-rated dual or multi class, i would have to say it is the cleric/thief which i like the most and the cleric/ranger also seems under-rated as well, if im wrong post away and tell me.
Old 12-09-2001, 04:15 AM   #2
Urien
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You are probably right, I have never even thought about using them...
Old 12-09-2001, 05:01 AM   #3
nightshift001
The Magister

Try this....a multi or dual Fighter/cleric gtrandmastered in flails and war hammers....dual weapons....freakish damage plus cleric bonusus....especially high level like aura of flaming death and try reaping some havok.
Ns.
nightshift001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 06:38 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The problem with Cleric/Thieves is their poor selection of Backstab weapons--Club and Staff, and you've got to drop your shield if you want to use the staff. Finding Traps while wearing armor is nice, but Fighter/Thieves can do that too. Also, due to the scarcity of bottom-row buttons in BG1 (I don't know if they've changed it in BG2), Cleric/Thieves could only have 1 Quick Weapon, and you had to go to your Special Abilities menu to get to the Thieving button. Overall, Mage/Thief is much better combo.

I don't like Ranger/Clerics because they level up so damn slowly; the only thing slower is a Fighter/Cleric/Thief. Sure, Ranger/Clerics get both types of Priest spells, but you still have the same # of spells to memorize. Not worth it.