Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2001, 11:25 PM   #1
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I know that for Americans, its just been a day, but here in Singapore, the events that have been unfolding happened through the night. I had an exam today and I could not sleep because of the images of the plane.
In schools today, or at least mine, many people are expressing sorrow and even tears because some knew people who were in the building at the time.
I know that while this is truely an American affair, it is in no way beyond the rest of the world. We in other nations and countries also grieve and express sympathy and condolences and prayers for those lost in the attacks, and those who lost loved ones today.
I think its about night time over there, so good night, and let us hope the next day brings a better tomorrow.

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 09-11-2001, 11:28 PM   #2
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Thank you for this Lifetime!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else. But from that day forward, mothers would tell their kittens that if they were not good, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him.
Old 09-11-2001, 11:31 PM   #3
Storm_Chaser_30
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I myself cannot sleep. This is all so overwhelming. Even now, I am watching CNN and they have just announced that they are speaking with survivors in the rubble with cell phones. The acts that have happened are so unspeakable and incomprehensible that it is hard to deal with. The images of the airplane flying into the building are horrifying and I can't help thinking what it would have been like to have been on one of those planes. I suspect I will be up all night. I believe a lot of it is a feeling of helplessness of not being able to do anything and wondering what will happen next. I don't believe the attacks are over...
I hope I am wrong

------------------
Let the Chase begin!
Old 09-11-2001, 11:32 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I've been listening to the radio and watching the news all day, and I keep getting chills up my spine thinking about the terror those poor people experienced and some are still experiencing. It happened 11pm Australian time and I was in bed. I find it so heartbreaking that while I was asleep in my bed so much carnage was going on on the other side of the world.
Old 09-11-2001, 11:36 PM   #5
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Storm_Chaser_30:
I myself cannot sleep. This is all so overwhelming. Even now, I am watching CNN and they have just announced that they are speaking with survivors in the rubble with cell phones. The acts that have happened are so unspeakable and incomprehensible that it is hard to deal with. The images of the airplane flying into the building are horrifying and I can't help thinking what it would have been like to have been on one of those planes. I suspect I will be up all night. I believe a lot of it is a feeling of helplessness of not being able to do anything and wondering what will happen next. I don't believe the attacks are over...
I hope I am wrong

I hope you are wrong too, however, I also share the feeling that this is just beginning. They are saying now that Sadam Hueissein MAY have been in on it.
We can't let this scare us , though, as that is what these bastards want. We have to have confidence in our country and know that we will persevere.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else. But from that day forward, mothers would tell their kittens that if they were not good, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him.
Old 09-11-2001, 11:40 PM   #6
Storm_Chaser_30
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Amen Liliara.

------------------
Let the Chase begin!
Old 09-11-2001, 11:51 PM   #7
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Is it true that America has declared a state of War?
More thoughts for sleepless nights. It kills me to think that meny beds in 50000 homes tonight will be empty

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 09-11-2001, 11:54 PM   #8
Storm_Chaser_30
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't think the president has come out and directly declared a state of war. If that is to happen, it will probably be another day or so before it happens. They are probably still looking for information. However, all american military posts world-wide are at condition 'delta' which is the highest state of alert that there is and shows that America is ready for war.

------------------
Let the Chase begin!
Old 09-12-2001, 03:36 AM   #9
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

he should be declaring it today. it was on cnn that it was allready declared, just not publicaly as of yet. should be soon though.

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 09-12-2001, 03:39 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

you know what I heard?

"when you look into those buildings, the things that chill your spine is not that you think you will be in there and suffer a terrible fate, it is when you go home, someone you know might not be there."

I almost cried when I heard this