Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 07:08 PM   #11
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I am also vegetarian - but strangely that was the first thing that occurred to me! Perhaps I watch too many horror films. Yes, that must be it.
Not too many insects in London (cripes, anything that inhales the 'air' runs the risk of instant choking). Woodlice mainly, a few beetles, and silverfish.

I am a bit funny about some creatures - I can't even look at centipedes, earwigs, stag-beetles, woodlice or flying ants without feeling faint (yes, I know... ) I even get a funny noise in my ears when I see them, which is really strange - it is a real phobia - I know they can't hurt me! Strangely enough, this only happens when I see them indoors - if they are outside I can watch them quite happily, and even enjoy seeing them go about their lives!

On the other hand, I love ladybirds, rain-beetles, moths, butterflies, bees and silverfish.

I love snails, but feel stomach-clenching sensations when I see a slug.

Perhaps I need professional help

Aha. That explains it. I refuse to watch horror films - there are some things
that just shouldn't be inside my head - I can get into quite enough trouble without adding extra images!

You should be proud - that's a LOT of phobias! Most people only have one or two. I used to have a wasp phobia, but it seems to have gone away. Still got that stupid bloke phobia, though.... can't seem to shake it...

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Exotic and Illuminated Mango
Old 10-03-2001, 07:08 PM   #12
Conan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:

About a week ago, I found about 50 tiny baby slugs on my bathroom wall. I tried to coax them off with leaves, but only managed to tempt two. So I left the rest.

Well, I dont have much to say about this but SC you are very fast so bolt in there and relocate them I know they are cute when they are small but. whatever. (thought you would be mad the other night..cough..cough)

------------------
*\Conan/*

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 10-03-2001).]

Old 10-03-2001, 07:09 PM   #13
Epona
Zartan

And I actually felt faint reading LZs post. Phobias are funny things, I know someone who will start shaking if you even say the word 'snake'. When I was a kid, one of my mum's friends had a bird-phobia, and whenever she came to visit, the budgie would have to be taken upstairs where she couldn't hear its feathers rustling.

Anyway, I'm out of this thread...

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-03-2001, 07:10 PM   #14
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Oh dear, I better put some leaves and stuff for them then. I did try it at the beginning, but they didn't seem to like the ones I put out. There weren't any little nibble marks at all! (not veggie then....)
They like nice SOFT leaves, or, preferably, the leaves of expensive exotic plants. Weeds leave them cold.
A soft lettuce leaf would probably be ok, though, at a pinch. Not iceberg, or anything tough like that.

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-03-2001, 07:11 PM   #15
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:
Well, I dont have much to say about this but SC you are very fast so bolt in there and relocate them I know they are cute when they are small but. whatever. (thought you would be mad the other night..cough..cough)

Yo dude, how's it going? Re the other night, do you mean the tv thing?? Why mad?? The cheetah demands an explanation!

------------------

Old 10-03-2001, 07:12 PM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Quote:

You should be proud - that's a LOT of phobias! Most people only have one or two. I used to have a wasp phobia, but it seems to have gone away. Still got that stupid bloke phobia, though.... can't seem to shake it...

I think it's one phobia rather than lots! (At least I hope it's only one, otherwise I feel crazy). It's the same reaction I get for all of them.

BTW - the stupid bloke thing? That's not a phobia, that's self-preservation

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-03-2001, 07:13 PM   #17
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Silver Cheetah, I can relate. Never had slugs, but earlier this year at our old house, before we moved, this grand-daddy longlegs spider had a bunch of babies on the ceiling of our bathroom. She had made this big web for em all to sit in, and they were perfect replicas of her, just waaaay smaller, teeny little things. As you, I left them, cause they were so small I figured if I took them outside one drop of rain water would probably take them out. Don't know what they eat either. They usually catch bugs in their webs, but we never had many bugs, maybe an occasional fly or beetle would wander in... Now, at the new house, we have something quite different, and quite less endearing LOL. Some huge beetle things (waterbugs?). They only come out at night, usually 3:00am or so, and they are BIG and UGLY. I have caught a few and tossed em out, but I can't get them all, think they are living behind the sink (there is a crack behind there). Don't know what they live on either, as they never leave the bathroom, which btw is very clean. Caught one on a bar of soap a few weeks ago, dunno if it was eating it or not.? I could just spray a ton of BugBegone back there, but hate to do that. If they start multiplying though..... You'd understand if you saw em, HIDEOUS!!! I'm ready to call the labs on these puppies, cause I have never seen anything like these things, from a frikken nother planet man!

If they had nothing else, your baby spiders would eat each other, as well... Even their mom will snack off them...

As for the beetle things - could they be cockroaches? I don't know any other that would invade and be visible...

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-03-2001, 07:14 PM   #18
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:

About a week ago, I found about 50 tiny baby slugs on my bathroom wall

That is so disgusting - I don't know how you can bear to live with that!
I would have screamed like the whimp that I am

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-03-2001, 07:15 PM   #19
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
They like nice SOFT leaves, or, preferably, the leaves of expensive exotic plants. Weeds leave them cold.
A soft lettuce leaf would probably be ok, though, at a pinch. Not iceberg, or anything tough like that.

They can whistle on the expensive exotic plants front! Whaddya think this is, a charity!!! Any expensive exotic plants I'll be tucking into SELF, thank you very much Fljotsdale. The cannibals can go chase each others tails, or make do with spinach. If they don't like it, they can lump it. (Hmm. Sounds very much how you used to respond if we didn't like our breakfasts, Fljots.

------------------

Old 10-03-2001, 07:19 PM   #20
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Silver Cheetah, I can relate. Never had slugs, but earlier this year at our old house, before we moved, this grand-daddy longlegs spider had a bunch of babies on the ceiling of our bathroom. She had made this big web for em all to sit in, and they were perfect replicas of her, just waaaay smaller, teeny little things. As you, I left them, cause they were so small I figured if I took them outside one drop of rain water would probably take them out. Don't know what they eat either. They usually catch bugs in their webs, but we never had many bugs, maybe an occasional fly or beetle would wander in... Now, at the new house, we have something quite different, and quite less endearing LOL. Some huge beetle things (waterbugs?). They only come out at night, usually 3:00am or so, and they are BIG and UGLY. I have caught a few and tossed em out, but I can't get them all, think they are living behind the sink (there is a crack behind there). Don't know what they live on either, as they never leave the bathroom, which btw is very clean. Caught one on a bar of soap a few weeks ago, dunno if it was eating it or not.? I could just spray a ton of BugBegone back there, but hate to do that. If they start multiplying though..... You'd understand if you saw em, HIDEOUS!!! I'm ready to call the labs on these puppies, cause I have never seen anything like these things, from a frikken nother planet man!

Hey Ladyzekke, I like the spider thing. Sweet! As long as they're not poisonous, that is... threatening insects never quite make it in the cute stakes, do they....

Not sure about those bugs though - um. One or two is all very well, however, if you had hundreds of the things, could get complex. Maybe they'll start dying off as it gets colder? Spraying is defo a last resort!

------------------