Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-14-2000, 04:54 AM   #1
Zebra

While entering toad village, I am blocked by a toad villager that stay in the tunnel and does not move. Sometimes he moves his legs but always stay at the same place and it is impossible to pass ; except by killing him... I walked a while in the surrouding water then came again, but this annoying guy is still blocking the tunnel.

I will retry a couple of days later, hoping the program will 'reset' the villager locations after some times or if I go far from it ... but I am not sure. Any idea?

nb: Is there any easy way to go down a ladder? In the same toad village, I spent 2 hours to manage to go down the ladder ; because when I fall down, I hurted a man and all toad guys became angry...

Old 11-14-2000, 06:23 PM   #2
Fangface

I worked out how to go down ladders last night. It took some time too.

The trick is to stand at the top of the ladder, facing forwards (as if you were about to go down one in real life). Tilt your view down until you've gone PAST straight down and are actually looking just behind where your feet would be. Hold down Forward and you'll actually walk backwards slowly. As soon as you actually start going down the ladder, stop and move your view back upwards until it's pointing just the other side of straight down, i.e. mostly down but just slightly forwards. Now press forwards again. And stop every second or so, as if you go too fast you lose your grip on the ladder.

Old 11-14-2000, 08:09 PM   #3
Vagabond

I had the same problem with that toad. The first time I met him I just killed him to see what was on the other side, none of the other toads seemed to mind but I didn't like killing him so I reloaded. I did what you did, waiting, going far away, etc. hoping the toad would be reset, but to no avail, so I killed him again. This time the other toads had something to say about it so I reloaded again. Then I killed him a third time and got away with it, so I saved and moved on.

Old 11-14-2000, 08:13 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

If you have a smaller character in your party, like a pixie, you might try letting them lead. Sometimes it is easier for them to squeeze by.

Wyv
Old 11-15-2000, 03:57 AM   #5
voodoo

I just used my Lizzord fighter with 17 strength, and simply pushed them around, they get out of your way eventually.