Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2001, 08:18 AM   #1
sirspitfyre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greetings Again All,

I met with Oakenmire way up North and listened to his ramblings for ages, yet no seed, I beleive I even typed in the word seed and he wouldn't talk about it. Do I have the correct living tree for this quest or am i lost again.

As alaways any advice aned encouragement greatly appreciated!
sirspitfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 08:27 AM   #2
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

It is a shame, but Oakenmire doesn't DO anything except update you on anything you haven't learned on your own. The seeds come from bad trees that attack on the islands past the Sphnix and through the tomb there, on the other side of the sea. Hope this helps! God speed to you and your party.

Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 11:50 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Sirspitfire: If you want a quick way to do the quest, you can climb the wall at Brimloch Roon and "tree-surf" over to the lost sea area. Make sure you have "Call of Home" before you do this, though.

Check out the details in the "Best Hints" thread.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 12:22 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The game really should have put some of those BAD trees in the Enchanted Sea area - guess that is another one of the tweeks that might have been done if they only had had the time.

sirspitfyre - before you go tree surfing (walking over to the lost sea area on top of the trees) do SAVE YOUR GAME!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 12:39 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just posting it here for ease of reference....
And like Wyvern says, remember Rule #1...SAVE!!! (in a different slot, if possible)

-Saz

Completing the "Living Seed" quest from the Brimloch Roon Wizard's Guild
Due to faulty design, the Living Seed quest was given BEFORE the Open the Shrine quest, making the last quest undoable (you have to open the shrine before you can get the living seeds, unless you want to steal one from Oakenmir (which is VERY difficult and can get him hopping mad!)

Here's how to get both quests. NOTE: You'll need Call of Home (7th level Moon spell) to do this, so don't attempt it without it, or you'll be stuck forever!

When you get the Living Seed quest, go out to the Brimloch Roon pier. Climb the wall there (have your characters jump to the top), and then go south. Get on top the trees by jumping, then jump/walk all along the southern border. Use the map to guide you.

You have to go past Talrik's Cove (the place where you meet the pirate. Keep going until you start seeing sea water on the map again. That's the Lost Sea. Now angle downward and drop to the ground. You'll be in the Lost Sea area.

Travel west as far as you can and enter the Isle of Sands (long, curving path). You'll encounter the Hydra there as well, so you probably want to get Duke Brinsly's 2nd quest (Town Hall in Brimloch Roon) to kill the Hydra first so you can get credit for it, too.

After killing the Hydra, enter the Isle of Sands. Turn spawn rate to "frequent" on your computer. Eventually, some "Bark Horrors" (evil Oakenmirs) will spawn. Kill them (fire works great here) and they'll drop the seeds. For a 6 character party, you'll need to kill 2 groups of 3 to get the seeds. Gather them up (1 per person).

Now cast Call of Home. Go back to the Wizard's Guild in Brimloch Roon and get credit for the quest. You can now get the assignment for the "Unlock the Shrine" quest.

-Sazerac

Old 05-12-2001, 12:51 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Saz is always such a fountain of useful information!!

What would we do without him (I don't want to find out!!!!)??

Wyv
Old 05-12-2001, 01:47 PM   #7
sirspitfyre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Once again you have given me hope and guidance , I thank you all and shall do my best to help others(my three pals that I got hooked on the game)as you have done for me. Until I seek your wisdom again fare thee well!
sirspitfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 02:07 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The seed, the seed is what I need
I know it isn't near

I'll have to surf the tree tops
but falling's what I fear

Directions I've been given
that lead me to my fate

Upon the trees near Brimloch Roon
"like climbing up a gate"

But how can leaves support me
when armor clad I be

And can I really make it
unlost to the Lost Sea?

Once there, there is a hydra
spewing magic from its head(s)

I hope I really make it
and don't just wind up dead.

Wyv
(bad poetry day)

And now that nasty message which doesn't even rhyme

[This message has been edited by Wyvern (edited 05-12-2001).]
Old 05-12-2001, 04:11 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hey, I like it!

-Sazerac
Old 05-12-2001, 08:32 PM   #10
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

I have to tell you that on my last game, I got very lucky. I was out giving Talrik his hook when I got attacked by 3 living trees. I was shocked and surprised. I, of course, proceded to dispatch them and collect my seeds. It looks like you do not HAVE to tree surf to get the seeds, but if you keep wandering it may take you as long for them to spawn.

For those of you thinking about going through a second time, I have found that tree seeds are not reset like other quest items. In my current game, I have collected enough tree seeds to complete the quest and left them with my mule in the Inn. If I am lucky, I will still have them when I need them, but if not, I will either wander around Talrick's area or go tree surfing.

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote