Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-24-2000, 02:31 PM   #1
carg
The Magister

After using some help from this forum I got the urn on the altar, direct the light onto it an phoof: Anephas rises from the altar.
Only he doesn't start talking to me, and whatever I try to say to him, no reply?
Am I missing something here?
(I tried speaking normally and by clicking on him, standing as close by as I can. Also tried first aiming the beam and then placing the urn, but to no effect.)
Old 11-24-2000, 03:22 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

(shaking head) This is most disappointing!!
Have you the mavin sword and ring equipped?? Is the member of your party wearing them the one trying to talk to him??
Not that these should make a difference. Really have no idea why Anephas wouldn't speak to you. What OS are you running? I suppose you tried saving and reloading the game?

Anyone else have some ideas on why Anephas' tongue is tied???

Wyv
Old 11-25-2000, 03:09 PM   #3
carg
The Magister

Thanks for your answer, Wyv.
Now I know that I haven't missed anything, so I went back to a save file from a while ago and tried it again, with success.
A strange thing happened last time that might have caused the problem: When exploring the large room behind Anephas's altar on my way to Kerah, with the treasure chest in the middle, a low door opened when I got close and spilled a number of fanged monkeys. After beating them I tried to explore the passage behind, but my normal character couldn't fit through the opening. Only my pixie could, and I could follow the passage for a bit, until it became even too small for my pixie. Then some samurai spirits appeared in a room somewhat further down the passage, which I couldn't reach. No problem, I just got a meteorstorm spell, so they didn't last long. Only a strange message appeared between the ones about the suffering samurai: 'Anaphas not affected'!
So now my guess is this sneaky Anephas was alive all the time, hiding to see if I could figure out all those nasty puzzles he put in my way. Then after I 'raised' him he has the gall to tell me has made some more problems for me by hiding the keys to the pyramid in an almost inaccessible place! You'd almost think he doesn't want me to succeed.
Anyway, at last I can continue the adventure, after making the trip to Kerah 4 times!
(The first time I didn't get the obelisk the first time and the elevator blocked, The second time Anephas didn't speak to me, then I tried it again with a savefile just after casting the meteorstorm, afraid that I didn't exhaust all conversation with Kerah or something, and the fourth time I succeeded.)
Boy am I glad to save to 3 different alternating save files, so I could go back just long enough to succeed here!
Old 11-25-2000, 06:02 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

WHEW!!!!

I appreciate you taking the time to let me know how it worked out!! (I'm still waiting to here from gdawg on the 3rd tablet piece)!
I'm a strong believer in multiple alternating save files!! That way you never loose too much time when you do loose time!

Wyv