Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 02-02-2001, 02:22 PM   #1
SoulHarvester

I remember when I tried more conventional methods ( I am playing multiplayer so all the wasps have 2x hitpoints etc), such as magic bombs, berserking in there, running like a mad chicken, etc... it was nearly impossible and after about 2 hours and about 12 deaths a piece (for both of us) I had a brainstorm.

The "Reflections" spell. Now I was only a level 16 warrior and had piss-poor mana, and reflections only lasted 5 seconds.

Yet I totally tore that quest up. All I did was buy about 20 mana pots, 10 healing pots. Set my mana pots in my belt, and kept the reflections spell on at all times. It was so easy! I had to heal maybe twice while I was taking out the entire nest. As long as you hav reflections on and spend your time attacking the nests, it's a very simple quest.

I'm serious. I was laughing at how easy it was to beat that quest with Reflections spell.
Old 02-03-2001, 12:06 AM   #2
Gadzooks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree, at the lower levels the quest is not too difficult, but it still is one of the hardest of the 21. All you need is fear (I used scrolls and sold the armor) and reflections. Invisibility is helpful also. The bees and wasps don't fill the room like they do at higher levels.

Just wait 'till you get to Hero or Legend level. When I entered the room at Hero level, there were already over 50 wasps & bees. Every space was taken. I had to lead a large group out (Warrior, level 50), kill it, and then repeat 3 times before I could even get in the room. Each wasp has > 1000 HP and regenerates HP as you are trying to kill it (poison cloud is the only thing that worked fast enough on a large group). The bees and wasps are immune to fear, and storm sometimes fails because there is nowhere for the bees and wasps to get blown to. You also have to switch weapons, as the sword of elwon does only 8-10 HP damage and the nests have a ton of HP. You need to get he nests out fast, then switch weapons and do in the queen.
Gadzooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 08:03 AM   #3
20mithrandir

But on higher difficulty the nests generate wesps much more quickly - in a few seconds there are so much wesps around you that you cannot even move.