Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2003, 02:05 PM   #1
Chemando
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hallo , i am trying to find any mods or add ons for baldurs gate that dont require totsc , as my computer does not read the disc ... any kind of fun add on will be nice as i beat this game like 4 years ago and am trying to get some more fun out of it before i get my cd drive fixed and play part 2. thats all the words for now.

i have more words now... especially nice would be higher level spells, like maybe theres a merchant to add with them or something, but other than that more adventures would be best i think. ok i think thats my whole post now.

[ 05-08-2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Chemando ]
Chemando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 04:15 AM   #2
Flaming Fist Enforcer
Drow Warrior

A lot of new users here, so Welcome to Ironworks! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

There's the unofficial addon for BG1 called Dark side of the Sword Coast or DSotSC. You can download it Here.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:30 AM   #3
Jan

Cool Flaming Fist.

Can it be installed on TOTSC and can you play it when your are close to finishing BGI and TOTSC or should you start all over again??

[ 05-10-2003, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Jan ]
Old 05-10-2003, 07:14 AM   #4
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Jan,

You need to start a whole new game, the DSotSC website tells you how to install things correctly.
I'm quite enjoying it as I've played Bg through probably 4 times already now.
It adds a few new experiences and a lot of new items, some of which to be honest are too powerful.

If you have a Paladin, a Ranger and a Druid, they cab have amazing equipment even before you get to chapter 2, for example, my Paladin is aleady AC-10, in chapter 1.

Spoiler

You fight a couple of Druids in Larswood I think it is, it's the area you find Brage anyway, when you kill them you get amazing equipment for your Druid and Ranger.

Your Paladin can buy awesome kit from the Temple near Beregost.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:30 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Flaming Fist Enforcer:

There's the unofficial addon for BG1 called Dark side of the Sword Coast or DSotSC. You can download it Here.
Err yes but Chemando specifically asked for an add-on that doesn't require TOTSC. Dark Side doesn't work without it though.

As far as I know, there are no addons for BG1 alone, sorry
Old 05-10-2003, 02:56 PM   #6
Chemando
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks you guys.. funniest thing though, ive been putting off getting my drive repaired for almost a year because i thought it would be so expensive .. but i bought a new one yesterday for 8 bucks , so now i have installed all of it and can play it all finally. ill check out the dsotsc first, but i stumbled across this firewalker thing that says doesnt work with it, but i imagine the dsotsc is better because i read so many people talking about it , but never see people talk about this other one. ok , thanks again =)
Chemando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 02:29 AM   #7
Jan

Thanks Desdicado!!
Old 05-11-2003, 03:41 AM   #8
Flaming Fist Enforcer
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Err yes but Chemando specifically asked for an add-on that doesn't require TOTSC. Dark Side doesn't work without it though.
[img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img] My mistake. I guess I just skipped that part.