Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 09-12-2006, 01:14 AM   #1
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Guys, my rogue is 47 and is rapidly approaching level 60 and I was wondering what sort of tips you guys have for playing my class the best.

I have a level 60 priest and do quite well with it, but it's a completely different playing field when it comes to rogues.

I have completed Molten Core with a friends 60 rogue and I thouroughly enjoyed it, but having been a combat rogue so far and playing a combat rogue in MC I would like to see what the other two tree's have to offer. I don;t know how I am going to live without mace spec, but there is something about a subtelty rogue that tickles my fancy...

Anyways, are there any other high level rogues here that want to pass on any sage like advice?

In the end I will most likely be doing lots of PvE and I understand that will generlly mean combat is the way to go, but should I try the other tree's before I get there? Maybe change spec and get some nice PvP gear beforehand?
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:28 AM   #2
Azeral
Manshoon

after the patch... with some nice slow swords a hemo spec can do as much damage as a combat based build and still be useful for PvP. daggers are still quite useful, but for us aussies ping can be an issue if you try and PvP or are killing the mobs so fast (for total raid damage)
Old 09-12-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Aye swords are better for grinding anything really. Daggers rock but are situational. Most bosses are immune to many rogue abilities, so some specs are pretty much wasted. I'd ask your guild what they want out of rogues and how they use them in raids. Some guilds want only specific specs to add debuffs to bosses etc.

Subtlety is great for personal use. As in, you can really enjoy your rogue with this tree. Many of the subtle abilities are wasted though in high-end PvE so it becomes pointless. It depends really, Imp. sap and all are useful for the tier one raid instances where you can sap wandering mobs but later on this opportunity rarely comes up.

[ 09-12-2006, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]