Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-08-2001, 06:33 PM   #21
Melusine
Dracolisk

Tancred...great minds think alike
I just performed a search and found the same threads. Thanks so much for helping!!!

Cloudy and all the rest, thanks for your help! I will try the suggestions in the old threads now....no wait make that tomorrow... dead tired

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-08-2001, 06:41 PM   #22
Charlie
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Help!!

Also, one of the reasons why I'm reinstalling is this: In my boyfriends game, the game kept freezing whenever he tried to go to the Bridge District to do Jan's Quest... he has been to the Area before, but that bug just kept crashing the game as soon as he traveled to the Bridge district!!

What do you mean by different discs? I use only one copy of the game if that's what you're asking...
But anyway the Bridge district thing is not really an acute problem, as I will first need to get the game installed...
Sorry Melusine, we may be at crossed wires. I was asking if both yourself and your b/f were playing using the same discs at the same PC. You say that the bridge district is not an "acute" problem, yet upon reading your post it seems that you are re-installing purely to overcome this problem. Were it not for this "roblem" would you be re-installing at all?

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 06-08-2001, 06:44 PM   #23
Charlie
Lord Ao

Don't worry about it.
Old 06-08-2001, 09:02 PM   #24
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

We encountered this problem before, and what we did was to simply restart the computer and refresh the RAM, it then installed just like it was supposed to. I got that from this board as well, and it worked. If you haven't uninstalled, you may try that as well, then restart your computer and install. Not much, but it worked for us. Also, it has nothing to do with the bonus shop keepers, or the collector's edition discs, as I have the bonus disc, and the shop keepers, and I haven't had any problems re-installing, after I crashed my hard drive.

------------------
"...and that's the
bottom line, 'cause Robert the Bard says so!"
Robert the Bard TLH
Old 06-09-2001, 02:44 AM   #25
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

when i first got bg2 i tried doing the basic install on my old computer that only had about 1 gig of free space on it. it asked for disk 5 just like with you and i spent an entire night searching the box/my room/under my desk for disk 5. i correctly assumed later that this was a bug and attributed it to a lack of space problem. so...

might be a problem with the partitions. i run three hard drives daisy-chained with games on a 20 gb one (secondary drive, not the startup/windows one) and it installed normally on that.

lastly, i remember there being a problem with the uninstaller. don't recall the details but i do know i had to go into my registry and manually remove all the bg2 stuff. let me know if you need help with this if you try it.

-

regarding the getting-to-the-bridge-district problem... are you playing a cheat-free game? many times if an item or spell or script is hax0red it will occassionally crash the game for apparently no reason. once, i used to shadowkeeper to give imoen a spell (lamely forgot to bring the scroll case i had kept for her); i wound up assigning her the wrong one (an "INxxxx" spell instead of a "WIxxxx" one) and the game would crash whenever i tried to rest. if so, copy the save and relegitimize it. if not, try dropping jan and see if you can get there without him. if you can something is wrong with his script more than likely and someone could use InfinityExplorer to give you a clean one to stick in your override.

good luck