Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 05:44 AM   #1
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I found a way to make unlimited amounts of money (obviously u cant go over the money cap).... All u have to do is get to the Saughin City and talk to the priestess who is standing in the semi-shadows just a bit above from the place where u get the ability 2 understand the sahugin..... and This shark lady is Stupid Enough to actually sell things for Less than she buys them.... So if u have something that Costs HEAPS (e.g. Crasyomer or Wand of Wonders) U can make about 1500gp everytime u sell the item and buy it back........

ITs great..... Ne1 else found this out??? I really want 2 know if its just a really great bug in my Game
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 05:50 AM   #2
Manwe
Manshoon

Cool, i really could use some money in TOB, i have almost none left... anyone knows about money generating tip's in TOB?
Manwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 05:53 AM   #3
Glorfindel

U get so much money in ToB there isnt really ne need 4 Money Generating.... unless u upgrade EVERYTHING..... newayz.... u r setup 4 the WHOLE game if u got enough patience 2 do my tip 4 lotz a timez....
Old 01-14-2002, 06:00 AM   #4
Manwe
Manshoon

Mkay, i always upgrade almost everything i can find
Maybe i should save some money for the future, but the "bosses" i have defeated haven't got any money , only like 100gc... i must go sell some stuff... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Manwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 06:04 AM   #5
fable
Quintesson

Agreement with Glorfindel. There's really no need for a ton of money--in fact, even by the latter stages of SoA, I had more than $150K in excess after buying some higher level spells from the Adventurer's Mart secret stash.

Besides, what's the fun in taking advantage of a bug in the game? If ya win, your win's clouded by the personal knowledge that you didn't beat the game according to the developers' intentions. Winning the game they laid out: now, that give a sense of achievement.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 06:21 AM   #6
Glorfindel

Thats true........ but then think about it.... in SoA The alot of the better items are found... not bought... so getting incredible amounts of money only makes ToB easier..... but if u have such a concience that u cant use something that is a bug or mayb was put there as a reason to show just how STUPID but rich the Saughin r thats ur desicion .... its fun either wayz
Old 01-14-2002, 07:08 AM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Well, money IS important in the beginning, so you can buy stuff like the Strength girdle & the Staff+4 at the Adventurer's Mart. But man, some of those Shadow Thieves (and those in their employ) are SO stupid. If you were running a store in Athkatla, here's a simple recipe for disaster:
1) Allow customers to steal from you
2) Be willing to purchase stolen items
3) Carry a few Potions of Master Thievery in your stock
I've found at least 4 stores where 1 & 2 are true, and 2 of those 4 also carry the Potions. One of them even takes it a step further:
4) Carry something really expensive in your inventory (like a Rogue Stone)

Let's just say that my Mage/Thief, with 100% Pick Pockets and the Gloves, had no problems earning his keep.
Old 01-14-2002, 07:12 AM   #8
Glorfindel

I find it a bummer that u cant just kill ne shopkeeper and be able to take wateva u wanted... obviously that would make the game easier.... but wat about guards popping up???? that sounds good