Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2003, 09:39 PM   #1
Borg
The Magister

Ok, I'm in a very tough battle near the very end of ToB and want to use Spell Immunity for the first time (believe it or not), but for some amazing reason, when Aerie casts it, I'm not given a choice of what school she can be immune to. As far as I can tell, when she casts, she's not immune to anything afterward. I know she wasn't interruped in casting (the dialogue box says that she cast Spell Immunity, but nothing else happens). Anyone seen the same problem or know how I can fix it?

Installed on my game are: SoA, ToB, ToB patch, Fixpack, EoU, and Ascension.

Any help more than welcomed.
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 11:02 PM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

You have to have her selected and her alone otherwise no chart will appear so you can select your immunity. It's happened to me before, so don't worry, just make sure you do this and no worries.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 04:11 AM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

Yup, sorta annoying .. but it doesnt work like sequencers or contingencies.
You wont be brought to a menu,.. just keep having her selected and the taskbar on the bottom of the screen ( where the CLUAConsole usually appears ) shows a few symbols corresponding to the available schools.

Even if you see the symbols, briefly select someone else and go back again, it'll be gone. High maintenance spell [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2003, 04:02 PM   #4
Borg
The Magister

Definitely high maitenance. It worked for casting it, though. The problem now is, I did Immunity to Alteration, which should work against Time Stop, right? Thing is, it didn't. Aerie was stopped, even though the Spell Immunity was definitly still active. Thoughts?
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 12:40 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Time Stop is one of those spells where Spell Immunity will fail. Time Stop alters time, not you.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 12:47 AM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Alteration Immunity usually effects area spells such as Teleport Field, Sphere of Chaos and so forth. There is no Spell Immunity to counter Time Stop.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote