Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2001, 04:18 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

do you love your other half? are you in love with someone?

love had almost been a tormenting experiences to me, then suddenly, something is lightened to me. I think I just found what would help me and probally many people here:

love is only tormenting when you want something out of it.

a self less love can never be hurtful to yourself or the one you are giving to. love, friends, love without asking for reward, and happiness will follow.

OK, you must be wondering, what the heck is wrong with 250 these days. where is the casual cocky guy back then? well, his edge is softened by love, and his flaws has been washed away by the strongest emotion there is. to miss someone and wanting to be near her almost crushed him to bite dust. well the good news is, he suddenly understood the secret of love, and he shall stand tall with dignita and embrace those who he loves!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL
Old 09-04-2001, 05:59 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

Wow, 250 that is so true. Thanks for posting this, a truly wise thought!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 09-04-2001, 06:47 AM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

250, you're on my wavelength!
You remind me of mineself, only less attractive and less intelligent

Kidding of course!

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 09-04-2001, 12:40 PM   #4
Blade
Emerald Dragon

The secreats revealed everything is so much clearer. Thanks for the tip about love 250

------------------
Life and death are mearly shadows of the complexity of humans
Old 09-04-2001, 01:28 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

250, you amaze me! I am in much the same situation and the only stress is being apart. But that is being worked on now and I'm much calmer if slightly worried..but then worrying is a hobby of mine.

So, your edge is softened,eh? Dear dear.... whatever shall we do?! We were used to your edge!! No we must get used to a mellow and roundedged 250? Oh my! Ah well, I'm in love, so I guess I can understand! *giggle*

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-04-2001, 01:41 PM   #6
Vampire

Wow. How about being the Agony Aunt of Ironworks, 250?

------------------
Old 09-04-2001, 03:26 PM   #7
Sorcerer Alex

Love is indeed a wonderful thing. Until two years ago, I had never been in love. Had the occaisional girlfriend here and there, but it was never anything serious. Until the day I met Kathleen in a silly old chat room. Ever since I spoke to this girl I've been totally in love, and so we talked almost every day for two years, and a few weeks back, I went to see her for the first time. I live in Europe and she lives in the US, so this was quite a big deal, as you can imagine. And since we've met each other, we've been so deeply in love, and even though I'm back home now, we still talk every day, and I am planning on moving over to the US next year to be with her forever.

You're probably wondering why I'm telling you complete strangers this, I just need to get it off my chest and talk to anyone about it, now that we're on the subject of love anyway. Hope I haven't bored anyone to death

Old 09-04-2001, 03:28 PM   #8
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

The advantadges of modern technology - without it I would never have met any of you, for instance. Nor would you have met each other. My best wishes, Alex!

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 09-04-2001, 03:34 PM   #9
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Love.....it truly is a wonderful thing!

I have recently fallen deeply in love with someone myself. And 250's right, it's only tormenting if you want something out of it. I try my best to not expect anything back. I just do what I can to make her happy, respect her, listen to her, and love her. If she is able to do the same back to me (which she does just as much as I do to her) then it makes the entire experience that much more fulfilling.

I had asked once if anyone could give me the definition of what love is....well, I've learned several things from the answers I received, as well as personal experiece:

1. Love is something different to everyone. There is no real answer, except that you will know it in your heart.

2. Listening to what's in your heart, and following the path that your heart leads you on will inevitably lead you to happiness.

3. Becoming (and remaining) friends with your lover is of the utmost importance. Friendship is the basis of any great relationship, and if you and your lover are friends above all else, you will be able to make it through any situation.

4. Taking the honorable (and usually not popular) approach to winning a partner's heart is very, very rewarding.

Just my thoughts....

------------------

Always listen to your heart, for it will never lead you astray.
Good guys CAN get the girl, if they only have a little patience!
Old 09-04-2001, 03:38 PM   #10
Absynthe

Hey 250, check your Wisdom stat... it just went up by a couple points!

What you said is so true, and so bloody hard to learn... good job.