Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-20-2003, 04:25 PM   #1
RitingFool
The Magister

I'm just starting a new game after many months of not playing. I have ToB, and the Darkest Day and Tortured Souls mods installed. Playing on "normal" difficulty...are there supposed to be bugbears in the very first dungeon (Irenicus)? I really don't remember that...it's been a while!

Anyone who can refreshen my memory with the scoop is appreciated.

Regards,
Michael
RitingFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 04:27 PM   #2
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
I've never seen bugbears in an unmodded game. I would bet that one of your mods is responsible for them.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 04:36 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

TDD addes them, but they are easy to kill.

[ 09-20-2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 04:49 PM   #4
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

TDD is "responsible" for Bugbears.
Old 09-20-2003, 07:02 PM   #5
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

At the end of John-Bon's Dungeon awaits another nice surprise
Old 09-20-2003, 11:32 PM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

speaking of his dungeon, I just remembered that the first time I went through it after installing the level cap remover, I had some strange things happen. It's also the first time I went through it with some of the mods I installed a while ago. The Ilyich (spelling?) that I met early on would initiate a dialogue with me, only no words came up, although the dialoge box did. Any one else experienced these probs?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 12:08 AM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I've had those problems accure myself, sometimes the order that you install the mods or the mods themselves will have conflicts with each other. Try reinstalling TDD and Tortured Souls (in that order) and things should be alright, but it's hard telling with TDD, it's very bugged.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 08:28 AM   #8
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
TDD addes them, but they are easy to kill.
Obviously that depends on the character you're playing and the additional characters you've decided to take along. I recall having a rather difficult time with them when I first encountered them in Irenicus' dungeon (I believe I was playing a monk at the time, with Jaheira and Imoen as additional party members- though I'm not entirely sure).