Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-26-2001, 12:27 AM   #1
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

If you take the evil route and go side with Bodhi, is there
a store in the crypt? Like the one at the Shadow Thieves
Guild.
Old 09-26-2001, 01:17 AM   #2
Kitka
Dungeon Master

no. there isnt.
Old 09-26-2001, 01:21 AM   #3
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

What a rip-off!
Old 09-26-2001, 02:33 AM   #4
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

what do you need a freakin store for? there are tons everywhere and the only thing the one in the guild sells that you cant get elsewhere is Ice Storm, a spell im pretty sure 90% of us have never found a need for.

[This message has been edited by Amergin (edited 09-26-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 12:18 AM   #5
Greystone
The Magister

The nice thing about the Shadow Thieve's store is that they will buy STOLEN items from you, while most other shops will not...

--Greystone
Old 10-16-2001, 01:35 AM   #6
Debaser

i definitely think that the bodhi side of the quest should have been a little cooler. something like having a place to buy new items would be cool, or just some kind of other perk for an evil party.
i don't think the game in general gives you a considerable amount of incentive to play an evil party...maybe through ToB.
Old 10-16-2001, 03:31 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Greystone:
The nice thing about the Shadow Thieve's store is that they will buy STOLEN items from you, while most other shops will not...
--Greystone
*cough* *cough*

I use the Bridge District to sell my stolen goods. There is a black-market stallowner, in the market district, she is a female elf and only appears during the day.

During the night, there is a female human thief who peddles stolen stuff at the base of Jan Jensen's house in the Slums District, for that matter, there is another black-market merchant at the Temple side above the Copper Coronet.

Also... during the night, there is yet another black-market thief outside the Harper's Stronghold.

So count them, that is 4 all together, not counting the one in the Shadow Thieves stronghold.

PS: I use the one in the Bridge District because it is the easiest for me to make money by the tonnes there.

Simple tactic, sell to the honest merchant, steal it back and sell to the black-market merchant 5 steps away.

That was how I got 1,000,000+ Gps near the end of SoA.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Sorcerer Spell List
Dragon Slaying Tips