Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2001, 03:16 AM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hey hey hey!!!!
Now this is interesting, in my first game (unpatched) I got ambushed by some cutthroatsin the middle of the night and well hrm Jaheira almost lost an head, hey doesnīt anyone know when you traveling with two rods of resurection that you will use them??
But she didnīt go off on that quest, in my current game though, sveral ones later, XP cap removed and patched no cutthroats and I have done all sidequests except Anomens quest since I donīt like that dude and I did the Xzan vs Harper quest early on but Jaheira have never left my party and well I have been playing a long long time both in gameworld and real world, my characters are now 13th to 15 th level so well they have done a lot of adventuring..

Are there more people than me who has encountered this? In this game Iīm playing an assasin/fighter girl so no nice romances, but that hasnīt affected anything in gameplay sofar except you donīt have Aerie whine so much
Old 01-19-2001, 03:35 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It does seem to happen outdoors for most people. I was actually asleep in my thieves' guild when it happened. I thought that was a bit strange - maybe i should have posted a guard in the basement...
Old 01-19-2001, 03:44 AM   #13
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well I hope they donīt attack me i the underdark or something...
But the Harpers quest, has anyone done it and what is it all about?
Old 01-19-2001, 10:32 AM   #14
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Both Jahieras and Anomens plots are controlled by a real time counter. When that counter runs down the plot is on and is then activated in specific situations. Leave your game running while you're off somewhere else to get the plots sooner. Anomen is summoned to his fathers when he enters a city area, I think the main ones like the promenade, temple, government etc. The bandit ambush is activated when you sleep outdoors. Outside D'arnise hold, druid grove, umar hills all work. Sleeping in your stronghold also seems to count as being outdoors. Hey how'd those bandits get inside my castle? Immedietly after the ambush Jahiera is summoned to the harper hold. After one day I think she returns. The plots are also turned off in chapters four, five and seven.
Old 01-19-2001, 10:39 AM   #15
Armisael

I control-A'd the time away after the quest with Anomen's father, and the Radiant Heart bloke approached me. I'm certain it's not real time based.

Old 01-19-2001, 10:51 AM   #16
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

What do you mean Armisael? Whats control A'd ? Maybe Anomen is based on game time, as in how many days you've been adventuring. I Know jahieras is real time as each time her plot has happened at completely different stages of the game depending on how quickly I finished quests.
Old 01-19-2001, 10:58 AM   #17
Armisael

Yeah, Jaheira's is definitely real time. Control A - punch the little debug mode line into your ini file, and you can use a few hotkeys (teleport around the map, full heal, etc). Control A makes an hour in game-time pass. Good thing it worked, too, I don't think I could have stood Anomen's presence for more than a couple of minutes.

Old 01-19-2001, 11:04 AM   #18
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks. Didn't know that hot key. Saves standing around for a few hours waiting for night time to meet Mook for instance. So the messenger for Anomen just appears then?
Old 01-19-2001, 11:12 AM   #19
Armisael

Yeah, also works with Mazzy, Aerie, Nalia, Jan... basically any NPC with a quest that doesn't rely on a romance script.

Old 01-19-2001, 02:55 PM   #20
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I worked, Jaheira made me go to the harpers. Now Edwin is a really really good mage.