Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #1
Calagari
Manshoon

After finishing IWD I took a break and played Gothic 2. I liked G2 so Much I hunted down a copy of Gothic 1. I just finished that a few days ago. Last night I installed IWD 2. I have yet to make up a party it takes so much time for me to do so I dread it. I'll get around to it this weekend I guess. Any help in what to use for a party would be great. I have been reading Marty's posts on his Drow party. They sound very interesting. I think this time out I will use a 4 person party. The 6 person party just got to be more handling than I want this go around. The basic 4 should do the trick.
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:09 AM   #2
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Glad to see I have an admirer

For a four person party, there are plenty of options. You want to have thievery, but not to have it take up too much of your precious 120 levels, so I'd recomend my favorite thief1/ranger1/paladin2/mage drow build, since 20 DEX and INT can see you through the game. Get a fighter4(or paladin2)/morninglord of Lathander (possibly female drow) for a solid tank and bombardier. Your main tank should be an aasimir fighter4/paladin or a drow fighter/paladin 50/50, and the last one could be your choice. If you plan on only doing the normal game, I'd opt for another warrior, such as a shield dwarf fighter4/barbarian, or perhaps another paladin. If you plan on going on to HoF mode, then another spellcaster is in order; perhaps a drow sorcerer or a ranger1/paladin2/mage drow.

Why drow, you ask? The insane magic resistance is a godsend, and they have some of the highest stats of all subraces. the ECL penalty is overlookable, especially in a four person party.

A note on <6 parties, you may start getting less experience in fights. If this starts happening, the hold on to the levels of your solid tanks who don't benefit as much and lower your party average level. Not only will this net you normal xp, but you may even start getting an increase.

Good luck with IWD2!
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote