Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2003, 03:55 PM   #1
Yumi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Question Mark

Okay, I've made it through the tricky corridor, and killed all the annoying things trying to kill me and am at the switch on the second level... how do I use it? I've heard that you need a pendant or the like, and get it from killing something, however I've killed everything (excluding that annoying first wright, I got the stuff and shut the door on it) and haven't found this, any help?
Old 09-29-2003, 08:45 AM   #2
kroma
Dungeon Master

Is this where you are?

http://www.mikesrpgcenter.com/icewind/maps/ar3502.gif

Does your map look the same as this one, because I think you may need to have opened everything else before the lever will open the last door.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:13 AM   #3
NobleNick
Quintesson

Yumi,

--> [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Welcome to the IWD Forum!!! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

You are in the Black Wolf Temple, I presume. The room in the temple that I am thinking of is a room with wide steps leading up to it, and IIRC is roughly triangular in shape. The lever is on one of the columns.

Although there are a lot of keys needed to get into various areas in the Temple, I don't remember the lever needing one. Do you have HoW installed? If so, press the alt key, and the lever should illuminate.

Edit: kroma's post slipped in ahead of mine. Yes, the room I was talking about is the same as shown in the link in kroma's post. BTW, Mike's RPG Center is an excellent resource.

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 09-29-2003, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 10:43 AM   #4
Yanez
Manshoon

Actually, you do need a key for that lever.
Watch out, spoilers ahead...
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
The key is Black Wolf Talisman. It's on the altar in SW room, but you have to get the key for that room -it is on another altar but in SE room of the same level.
Yanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 11:51 AM   #5
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

I never knew it was the actual talisman that you neede to be able to flip the lever... I thought it could only be used once all the undead were killed... thanks for the info!

Moiraine Sedai
Old 09-29-2003, 03:57 PM   #6
Yumi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Question Mark

Okies, no, I don't have the expansion, didn't know there was one when I picked up my game. And I see exactly my problem now.
See, that really evil mummy from the shadowy corridor that no one can find killed my theif/mage Caki, and, being a weakling, she carried all light things, like a masoleum key. I wasn't able to retrieve her body (still have no clue what happened to it, lotsa nice rings and magic stuff on her too), but I was rather distracted by the indestrucable-like mummy diseasing all my people. So basically, I've lost the masoleum key, any way to get it back?
Sorry for the longwindedness, I just really wanna start playing again.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:33 PM   #7
Lymond
Manshoon

I'd reload to where you last saved.

If that's not an option, just keep looking for the body. That area is narrow with doors and turns, so it could be that you just can't see the body. If you have to, you can slowly sweep your pointer over the entire area and keep an eye out for that "pickup" finger.

Lymond
Old 09-29-2003, 04:36 PM   #8
Yanez
Manshoon

First of all: WELCOME TO IRONWORKS! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
(I should have done it before, but hey, better late than never)

Ouch! The mummy must have chunkified your thief/mage. If portrait of her isn't there anymore then she is lost forever Otherwise you can raise(non-elven races)/resurrect(all races) her in temple in Kuldahar, but prices are unfortunately sky-high for a party working in the Vale of Shadows.
My question is. Have you rested a lot? (I mean more than 16 hours game-time)
If you did, her inventory is also lost forever.
But, if you didn't all equipment of hers still lies where she died. Just move cursor slowly and carefully over the area of her death and you should find a pile of her stuff.

EDIT: grammar

[ 09-29-2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Yanez ]
Yanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 05:21 PM   #9
Yumi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Question Mark

Hey,
Reloading's not an option, and yeah, I sleep whenever my spells run out, so it's over 16, definately. No she definately wasnt lost forever because I got her back. But by now her bodies stuff is gone, I thought, plus I still havnt killed that mummy.... Just a thought, would the weapons guy have the key, or does he only have keys you've sold him?
Old 09-30-2003, 09:42 AM   #10
NobleNick
Quintesson

Yumi,

Bummer losing your character's stuff. But, even though all her other stuff might be lost, the key should still be there, since anything needed for quests or to progress through the game never disappears (unless game is bugged).

This equipment loss didn't cost you much. Hopefully you have learned to save often, and to different game names (Vale 01, Vale 02, Vale 03, etc...) to avoid much worse in the future. I save about every 20 minutes, and save to a new game name about every hour or so, or just before and after special events (like just before entering a new level and just after a major battle).

Again, the key should still be there. (That mummy is probably standing over it.)

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party on!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote