Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 10:15 PM   #41
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
We need to take Cloudy into our heavy metal lair, so she can see the light LOL.
Make her one of us LOL, wanna see sis head banging and jammin it up! Limp Bizkit YEAH! Bring her into the Renegades of Funk clan! The clan that rocks!! hehe, well, maybe not, but who knows, there is a lot to say about slow subtle musical intrusion... Hey sis, did I ever send you that StainD MP3 LOL?

Ice Angel's Deviant Sister

Ah you have the right of it there
She will never know what hit her until its too late
She will wake up one morning and put on "Bombtrack" without even realising what shes done!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 10-09-2001, 10:17 PM   #42
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

hmmm... what to tell... I was born in San Diego California over 44 years ago.. never been back
I currently live in Minnesota, but have lived in many different states, as well as was in the Peace Corps in Yemen. I h ave 4 sons ages 19, 17, 14, and 11 ... and am about 2 weeks from being completely divorced from their father.
I love Dragons and have a large collection of them, fantasy novels, movies, RPGs ... and IW is the place where I discovered there are other women all over the place who like those things too!! Hadn't met any before here...

Things I know about people:
1. Moiraine gets bouncy when she's excited
2. Ramon is looking for a new flat .. anyone in Cologne know of one?
3. Wolfgir just graduated from his 1st level Krag Maga Training (sorry .. I never remember the name of that sport correctly). CONGRATULATIONS WOLFIE!
4. Sir_Tainly likes Billy Idol music

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.
Old 10-09-2001, 10:55 PM   #43
Fast Hands
Dungeon Master

Hey everyone, my name is Alexis. I am 17 and a high school junior. I live on a ranch 14 miles away from a small town of 500 people. I live in the heart of the Sandhills and my family has 2 horses, 2 dogs, a few cats, and raise about 200 cattle (eat beef! ). I didn't know much about anyone before reading this thread so this was a good idea Cloudy!
I like to read, do crosswords, be outdoors, and other fun stuff. Besides that, I lead a very uneventful life for the most part!

[This message has been edited by Fast Hands (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 11:15 PM   #44
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Hmmm, what to tell, what to keep a mystery ?

I'm 20, I go to university, where I study psychology, ancient history and philosphy. I've got long brown hair and green eyes, I'm short, and let's say... curvy . I've got a kitten, Tuppence, I want to be a psychologist when I'm big, and I like Pink Floyd and U2.

Well, now I think about it, i don't know much at all about anyone else.
I know Silver Cheetah is a member of Greenpeace, I know Kaz is good at algebra but not at geometry, and I know Cloudy and Melusine are as sweet as can be

------------------

Goddess of Undress
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo and Sorceress of the HADB
OLD COOTS eye candy and Disrobed Division of the ORT
And her sidekick Pink

"High hopes...an endless river...forever and ever"
Old 10-09-2001, 11:22 PM   #45
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Hmmm, what to tell, what to keep a mystery ?

I'm 20, I go to university, where I study psychology, ancient history and philosphy. I've got long brown hair and green eyes, I'm short, and let's say... curvy . I've got a kitten, Tuppence, I want to be a psychologist when I'm big, and I like Pink Floyd and U2.

Well, now I think about it, i don't know much at all about anyone else.
I know Silver Cheetah is a member of Greenpeace, I know Kaz is good at algebra but not at geometry, and I know Cloudy and Melusine are as sweet as can be
I know I LOVE that flying pig in your sig, Aelia! Makes me smile every time I see it! teehee...

I'm really happy seeing people post here. I think the more we know about each other the more we relate and that makes us more likely to respect one another and enjoy our diversity!

Cloudy, waiting for the genie and his 'sash' to post..you know he'll have to! hehe

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-09-2001, 11:31 PM   #46
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I know I LOVE that flying pig in your sig, Aelia! Makes me smile every time I see it! teehee...

I'm really happy seeing people post here. I think the more we know about each other the more we relate and that makes us more likely to respect one another and enjoy our diversity!

Cloudy, waiting for the genie and his 'sash' to post..you know he'll have to! hehe

Pink loves you too, Cloudy

Now I must know more about this sash. Is it incriminating? Perhaps we could blackmail the wicked genie into dancing by threatening to expose all his dirty little sash secrets

------------------

Goddess of Undress
Co-owner of the Evil Petting Zoo and Sorceress of the HADB
OLD COOTS eye candy and Disrobed Division of the ORT
And her sidekick Pink

"High hopes...an endless river...forever and ever"
Old 10-09-2001, 11:36 PM   #47
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

About me . . . hmmm . . . okay, here is a brief snapshot into my world:

I received a phone call at the office today from the surviving husband of the deceased victim of an automobile hit and run case that is assigned to me. I have not yet met the gentleman in person, as he lives far away in New Jersey, but have spoken to him several times on the phone over the past few months.

He and his wife had been in this area of the country (Pickens County, SC), just passing through the area, when she was struck and killed by a van while crossing the road in the town of Clemson, SC (home of Clemson University -- some of you may have heard of it). Her body was drug/carried several hundred feet by the van before it came to rest by the side of the road. The van did not stop, but continued on down the road for some distance before mechanical problems forced it to stop, where police later found it and the two men inside who claimed that they did not realize they had hit a person, but thought it was a deer. The driver has been charged with the offense of Leaving the Scene Of an Accident with Death involved, an offense punishable by up to 25 years in prison. This case is currently pending and hopefully will be resolved at the next court term of October 29th.

As I said, I have not met the victim's surviving husband, but have talked with him several times by phone. It is obvious to me, from his words, attitude, and voice, that this man is one of the kindest souls I have ever encountered in this world. He cared very deeply for his wife, and is very concerned with keeping up to date on developments in the case. However, unlike what is typical in cases of this sort, he displays a generosity of spirit which I can only admire in wonderment. He has not spoken one word of revenge, of hate, of malice. I have not detected any such feeling in his voice. His only concern genuinely seems to be to make himself available to our office for the proper resolution of this case. He has not said one word about any punishment for the defendant, not one hint or whisper of "lock him up for life" or anything of the sort. He trusts me completely to resolve this case appropriately, and sees his role only as providing whatever assistance I need to do it. He trusts that justice will be done.

At the end of every single one of our conversations he has apologized for calling to check on the status of the case, and asked if it would be alright if he called again in the future. No matter how much I assure him that of course that is okay, any time he wants to talk, he still goes out of his way to ask again.

He did it again today, with that kind, gentle sad voice of his. When I put down the phone I just wanted to cry, so moved by the kindness and generosity of this man's soul.

I am crying now as I search for the words to describe this man.

Sorry, Cloudy, if that was not exactly what you were looking for. But that was a glimpse into my world that I wanted to share.

As for info about others, let's see:

Silver Cheetah enjoys a form of dance called 5 rythms, John D. Harris has good reason to hope that the Alabama Crimson Tide will soon return to championship form, and Cloudy enjoyed the time she was a student in Moscow.

Old 10-09-2001, 11:38 PM   #48
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

Lets see I was born in New Jersey moved to Utah at age 6 (something about gunshots keeping my parents up at night i dunno) played violin since age 3, eagle scout, graduated HS last year currently 18 years old and planning to serve a mission for my church for two years starting early next year

Kaz plays violin
Rikard likes bunnies alot
Memnoch and Yorick are from Australia

------------------
You can only call someone something so many times before they become that which you did not wish them to be!
Bad things happen to bad people!
Old 10-10-2001, 01:41 AM   #49
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Aelia,
Teehee.. thanks, Pink!

HAHAHA.. he's gotta show up sometime and have you SEEN that sash? Whoohoo.. erm.. it is uh.. a sizeable one.. er.. bit oddly colored, though.

Cloudy, who has always liked that there genie sig..

Goodnight all, I'm off to bed, rather late.. keep answering please!

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-10-2001, 01:48 AM   #50
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
About me . . . hmmm . . . okay, here is a brief snapshot into my world:

I received a phone call at the office today from the surviving husband of the deceased victim of an automobile hit and run case that is assigned to me. I have not yet met the gentleman in person, as he lives far away in New Jersey, but have spoken to him several times on the phone over the past few months.

He and his wife had been in this area of the country (Pickens County, SC), just passing through the area, when she was struck and killed by a van while crossing the road in the town of Clemson, SC (home of Clemson University -- some of you may have heard of it). Her body was drug/carried several hundred feet by the van before it came to rest by the side of the road. The van did not stop, but continued on down the road for some distance before mechanical problems forced it to stop, where police later found it and the two men inside who claimed that they did not realize they had hit a person, but thought it was a deer. The driver has been charged with the offense of Leaving the Scene Of an Accident with Death involved, an offense punishable by up to 25 years in prison. This case is currently pending and hopefully will be resolved at the next court term of October 29th.

As I said, I have not met the victim's surviving husband, but have talked with him several times by phone. It is obvious to me, from his words, attitude, and voice, that this man is one of the kindest souls I have ever encountered in this world. He cared very deeply for his wife, and is very concerned with keeping up to date on developments in the case. However, unlike what is typical in cases of this sort, he displays a generosity of spirit which I can only admire in wonderment. He has not spoken one word of revenge, of hate, of malice. I have not detected any such feeling in his voice. His only concern genuinely seems to be to make himself available to our office for the proper resolution of this case. He has not said one word about any punishment for the defendant, not one hint or whisper of "lock him up for life" or anything of the sort. He trusts me completely to resolve this case appropriately, and sees his role only as providing whatever assistance I need to do it. He trusts that justice will be done.

At the end of every single one of our conversations he has apologized for calling to check on the status of the case, and asked if it would be alright if he called again in the future. No matter how much I assure him that of course that is okay, any time he wants to talk, he still goes out of his way to ask again.

He did it again today, with that kind, gentle sad voice of his. When I put down the phone I just wanted to cry, so moved by the kindness and generosity of this man's soul.

I am crying now as I search for the words to describe this man.

Man, that's heavy, Dio. I truly feel for you as a lawyer in this case. So many people make fun of the legal profession, and I think they forget that there is such a strong human side to it as well. Your recounting of the scenario is very, very poignant...it moved me greatly.

I've been to Clemson before. My dad used to live in Greenville, SC, and worked for Fluor-Daniels before he retired. He now lives in San Antonio TX, which is a lot closer so I can see him more often now, which is good. None of us is getting any younger.

Thanks for sharing this.

------------------