Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-07-2001, 05:11 PM   #1
Icebraker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Leonis
This is to voice my dissatisfaction with Leonis's convictions. Wait! Before you dismiss me as scummy, hear me out. He is locked into his present course of destruction. He does not have the interest or the will to change his fundamentally gloomy stances. Even though he has aired his disapproval of being criticized, I still think that certain facts are clear. For instance, Leonis's sophistries are based on a denial of reality, on the substitution of a deliberately falsified picture of the world in place of reality. And this dishonesty, this refusal to admit the truth, will have some very serious consequences for all of us in the blink of an eye.
It should be intuitively obvious even to the most casual observer that one could truthfully say that all of Leonis's ideologies contain invidious elements. But saying that would miss the real point, which is that I feel that writing this letter is like celestial navigation. Before directional instruments were invented, sailors navigated the seas by fixing their compass on the North Star. But the objection may still be raised that doing the fashionable thing is more important than life or liberty. At first glance, this sounds almost believable. Yet the following must be borne in mind: Leonis is an opportunist. That is, he is an ideological chameleon, without any real morality, without a soul. Two quick comments: 1) Leonis's maneuvers have earned him opprobrium, suspicion, resentment, and hatred, and 2) whenever anyone states the obvious -- that there's definitely no point in arguing with him -- discussion naturally progresses towards the question, "Do haughty lowbrows like his disciples actually have lives, or do they exist solely to feed on the politics of resentment, alienation, frustration, anger, and fear?" This is not a question that we should run away from. Rather, it is something that needs to be addressed quickly and directly, because this is not the place to develop that subject. It demands many pages of analysis, which I can't spare in this letter. Instead, I'll just state the key point, which is that as long as the beer keeps flowing and the paychecks keep coming, his janissaries don't really care that most of you reading this letter have your hearts in the right place. Now follow your hearts with actions. After having read this, you may think that I call this phenomenon "Leonis-ism". Nevertheless, you should always remember that Leonis's randy fantasy fits neatly into his deluded model of society.

------------------
When I am I and then I you and change you to ice!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 09:54 AM   #2
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Jon, stop playing with the complaint generator . . .

BK
Old 03-08-2001, 09:58 AM   #3
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Uhhhh.... What or who are you talking about?

------------------
Sir Taliesin

Ten Rings there are, and nine gold torcs on the battlechiefs of old...
Old 03-08-2001, 10:14 AM   #4
Moiraine
Anubis

Sir, Leonis is a new member who popped up in the 'The Sojourner' thread saying that he knew Yorick (in 'real life', that is). So Yorick created a special thread with the purpose of funny insulting this Leonid guy (you know, male friendship, add to that the fact that they are both Aussies ... Men ! ).
Read this thread, BTW, it is pretty funny !

Here is the story, as far as I know ...

------------------